Claire Blackburn BSc (Hons) Dip Couns MBACP
7 Sleaford Station Business Centre
19 Great Northern House
Great Northern Terrace
What I offer
Hello I am Claire, a humanistic counsellor and certified cyber therapist offering a warm, friendly, non judgmental and confidential counselling for individuals and couples in Sleaford, Lincoln and via the Internet. I believe that a successful counselling relationship is built on trust and I strive to provide a service were trust can be established so your needs and expectations can be met. It can be daunting stepping into counselling and I strive to make the process as smooth as possible for you.
I work confidentiality with a wide range of issues including, but not limited too, relationship issues, family issues, bereavement, depression, anixety, self harm, separation and divorce.
At times in life we can find ourselves feeling lost, confused, hurt, alone, overwhelmed or not feeling anything at all. Life isn't always a smooth journey and there may be times where we feel we need to reach beyond our immediate support circle to seek support, feel listened too and to help ourselves find answers and ways forward. Through difficult times counselling can be a place to find solid ground once more.
How I Work
- Lincoln and Sleaford Offices - I offer in person sessions form my Lincoln and Sleaford offices and am able to offer free parking for my clients. The counselling rooms are private and comfortable offering you a calm and secure place to proceed with counselling. Your initial session with me is free, this gives you the opportunity to meet me and see if you feel counselling with me is right for you. If you decide to go ahead with counselling then we will arrange a weekly time for your 50 minute sessions. How many sessions you decide to have is up to you and if you are unsure we can talk about this in our initial session.
- Online, Email & Telephone Counselling - These sessions use online encrypted software such as Email, Instant Messaging and online video platforms for your sessions. You choose which online way suits you best. Your online security and confidentiality is paramount to me and due to this we only use encrypted platforms. In your initial free session you have the opportunity to meet me and decide if I am the right counsellor for you. If you decide to proceed with me then we will arrange a weekly time slot. It is your choice how many sessions you would like and if you are unsure we can discuss this in your initial session.
* Online counselling may suit people who are unable or uncomfortable to attend face to face sessions, due to reasons such as location, disability, time restrictions or transport problems. Telephone counselling is also available to people who do not feel comfortable using a computer. If you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and experienced Humanistic Counsellor having gained my BSc (Hons) in Reflective Therapeutic Practice and Diploma in Humanistic Counselling awarded by Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University. I also have focused further training in couples counselling, depression, domestic violence, trauma, email counselling, self harm, suicide and mindfulness training.
I am also an experienced Certified Cyber Therapist having completed this course with the Online Training Institute to ensure I have the specialised skills to work online with clients. As a commitment to online good counselling practice I am also a member of the ATCO, the Association of Therapy and Counselling online.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have further focused training and experience of working with clients who experience suicidal thoughts, or have the desire to commit suicide, clients who self harm or clients who know someone (maybe a child or friend) who does self harm. Alongside this I have further focused training of working with couples.
I am qualified to deal with a wide area of issues which include the above but are not limited to the above. If you have an issue that is not listed then please ask me, if I am unable to help you myself then I can make further suggestions for the finding the right counsellor for you.
Photos & videos
I offer a free initial session for all clients (or free initial emails) to find out what has brought you to therapy and for you to meet me and see how you feel about working with me.
- Counselling sessions in my Lincoln and Sleaford offices are £35 for individual counselling and £50 for couples.
- Online counselling fee's start from £20 for email and instant messaging therapy sessions, and £35 for 50 minute live online face to face sessions and telephone sessions.
I offer concessions for lower income earners, students and trainee counsellors, please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for appointments in Sleaford, Lincoln and online throughout the week (including evenings until 8pm) with some weekend availability. .
Types of client