Claire Blackburn BSc (Hons) Dip Couns MBACP (registered)
6 & 7 Sleaford Station Business Centre
Hello, I am Claire, a humanistic counsellor and certified cyber therapist offering a warm, friendly, non-judgmental and confidential counselling for individuals and couples in Sleaford and via the Internet. I understand that it can be daunting stepping into counselling and I strive to make the process as smooth as possible for you. Sharing your experiences and feelings may be difficult, so as we proceed through counselling you choose what we talk about and when; we only ever work at a pace that is comfortable and right for you.
I work non judgmentally and have experience of working with a wide range of issues including, but not limited to bereavement, depression, anxiety, self harm, relationship issues, separation and divorce. I am trained in four Counselling approaches which gives me the opportunity and skills to tailor your sessions to your individual needs. For example you may feel you need coping strategies for anixety, or you have a specific question you'd like to find the answer to. Or it may be you have suffered or are suffering from a life experiences / events, whether historical or current, that feels difficult and traumatic for you and you'd like to feel better and work towards a more peaceful place. By tailoring my four approaches to your needs promotes more space for helping you get what you need from your sessions.
At times in life we can find ourselves feeling lost, confused, hurt, alone, overwhelmed or not feeling anything at all. Life isn't always a smooth journey and there may be times where we feel we need to reach beyond our immediate support circle to seek support, feel listened to and to help ourselves find answers and ways forward. Through difficult times counselling can be a place to find solid ground once more.
- Sleaford Office - I offer in person sessions from my Sleaford office and am able to offer free parking for my clients. My counselling room is private and comfortable, offering you a calm and secure place to proceed with counselling. If you would like to book your initial free session, which gives you the opportunity to meet me and ask any questions you may have, please call or email me (please check your junk folder for responses) and we can arrange a mutually agreeable time. After you've met me, if you feel you would like to proceed with counselling we can arrange your next appointment.
- Online, Email & Telephone Counselling - These sessions use online encrypted software such as Email, Instant Messaging and online video platforms for your sessions. You choose which online way suits you best. Your online security and confidentiality is paramount to me and due to this we only use encrypted platforms. If you'd like to book your initial free session please call or email me and we can arrange a day and time. In your initial session, you have the opportunity to meet me and decide if I am the right counsellor for you. After this, if you decide to proceed then we can arrange your next session. It is your choice how many sessions you would like and if you are unsure we can discuss this in your initial session.
* Online counselling may suit people who are unable or uncomfortable to attend face to face sessions, due to reasons such as location, disability, time restrictions or transport problems. Telephone counselling is also available to people who do not feel comfortable using a computer. If you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Reflective Therapeutic Practice (Middlesex University)
Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
Certificate in Relationship Counselling (Couple and family counselling)
Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Training Institute)
CPCAB Counselling Theory
CPCAB Counelling Skills
Although my diploma and degree give me the required qualifications to work with a wide array of issues and areas, I am committed to continued professional development. This allows me to promote an effective and ethical practice for my clients and has included further focused training in the following areas:
- Self Harm
- Domestic Abuse
- Counselling young people (age 11 to 18)
- Relationship (Couples and Family)
I am also an experienced Certified Cyber Therapist having completed this course with the Online Training Institute to ensure I have the specialised skills to work online with clients. As a commitment to online good counselling practice I am also a member of the ATCO, the Association of Therapy and Counselling online.
I am a registered member of the BACP, British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, adhering to this organizations code of conduct and professional ethical framework.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have further focused training and experience of working with clients who self harm or clients who know someone (maybe a child or friend) who does self harm. I also have further specific training and experience working with bereavement, domestic violence and depression.
I am qualified to deal with a wide area of issues which include the above but are not limited to the above. If you have an issue that is not listed then please ask me, if I am unable to help you myself then I can make further suggestions for the finding the right counsellor for you.
I offer a free initial session for all clients (or free initial emails) to find out what has brought you to therapy and for you to meet me and see how you feel about working with me.
- Counselling sessions in my Sleaford office is £35 for individual counselling and £55 for couples.
- Online counselling fee's start from £25 per email and instant messaging therapy sessions, and £35 for 50 minute live online face to face sessions and telephone sessions.
I offer concessions for lower income earners, students and trainee counsellors, please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My practice is open day time hours Monday to Thursday with evening sessions possible on a Wednesday and Thursday. On a Friday my practice closes at midday.
Types of client