Claire Blackburn BSc (Hons) Dip Couns MBACP
7 Sleaford Station Business Centre
Hello, I am Claire, a humanistic counsellor and certified cyber therapist offering a warm, friendly, non-judgmental and confidential counselling for individuals and couples in Sleaford and via the Internet. I understand that it can be daunting stepping into counselling and I strive to make the process as smooth as possible for you. Sharing your experiences and feelings may be difficult, so as we proceed through counselling you choose what we talk about and when; we only ever work at a pace that is comfortable and right for you.
I work confidentially with a wide range of issues including, but not limited to relationship issues, family issues, bereavement, depression, anxiety, self harm, separation and divorce.
At times in life we can find ourselves feeling lost, confused, hurt, alone, overwhelmed or not feeling anything at all. Life isn't always a smooth journey and there may be times where we feel we need to reach beyond our immediate support circle to seek support, feel listened to and to help ourselves find answers and ways forward. Through difficult times counselling can be a place to find solid ground once more.
- Sleaford Office - I offer in person sessions from my Sleaford office and am able to offer free parking for my clients. My counselling room is private and comfortable, offering you a calm and secure place to proceed with counselling. If you would like to book your initial free session, which gives you the opportunity to meet me and ask any questions you may have, please call or email me and we can arrange a mutually agreeable time. After you've met me, if you feel you would like to proceed with counselling we can arrange your next appointment.
- Online, Email & Telephone Counselling - These sessions use online encrypted software such as Email, Instant Messaging and online video platforms for your sessions. You choose which online way suits you best. Your online security and confidentiality is paramount to me and due to this we only use encrypted platforms. If you'd like to book your initial free session please call or email me and we can arrange a day and time. In your initial session, you have the opportunity to meet me and decide if I am the right counsellor for you. After this, if you decide to proceed then we can arrange your next session. It is your choice how many sessions you would like and if you are unsure we can discuss this in your initial session.
* Online counselling may suit people who are unable or uncomfortable to attend face to face sessions, due to reasons such as location, disability, time restrictions or transport problems. Telephone counselling is also available to people who do not feel comfortable using a computer. If you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and experienced Humanistic Counsellor having gained my BSc (Hons) in Reflective Therapeutic Practice and Diploma in Humanistic Counselling awarded by Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University. I am commited to continual professional development which has included / includes further focused training in couples counselling, depression, domestic violence, trauma, email counselling, self harm, suicide and mindfulness training.
I am also an experienced Certified Cyber Therapist having completed this course with the Online Training Institute to ensure I have the specialised skills to work online with clients. As a commitment to online good counselling practice I am also a member of the ATCO, the Association of Therapy and Counselling online.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have further focused training and experience of working with clients who self harm or clients who know someone (maybe a child or friend) who does self harm.
I am qualified to deal with a wide area of issues which include the above but are not limited to the above. If you have an issue that is not listed then please ask me, if I am unable to help you myself then I can make further suggestions for the finding the right counsellor for you.
Photos & videos
I offer a free initial session for all clients (or free initial emails) to find out what has brought you to therapy and for you to meet me and see how you feel about working with me.
- Counselling sessions in my Sleaford office is £35 for individual counselling and £50 for couples.
- Online counselling fee's start from £20 for email and instant messaging therapy sessions, and £35 for 50 minute live online face to face sessions and telephone sessions.
I offer concessions for lower income earners, students and trainee counsellors, please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for appointments in Sleaford, Lincoln and online throughout the week (including evenings until 8pm) with some weekend availability. .
Types of client