Chryssa Chalkia - Psychotherapist MA, Adv.Dip, MA, BSc, Dip., BACP reg.
Are you in a space where you feel overwhelmed, stressed or depressed? Do you feel stuck and unsatisfied with your life? Do you struggle managing your emotions or controlling your behaviour? Is work taking over your life? Let’s talk. Together we can find new ways of managing your difficulties, understand yourself better and live a more balanced and fulfilling life.
I'm a professionally qualified psychotherapist and counsellor (MBACP) with long term experience based in Central (W1) and North West London (NW6).
In my practice I offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental therapeutic setting in which you can bring and explore all parts of yourself. We can talk about any difficulties that you might currently experience whilst looking at ways to overcome them.
You will be able to unburden yourself and explore difficult feelings and thoughts in a safe, confidential and supportive relationship, helping you find relief and resolution. Together we can explore how your mind, brain, body, personal history and current life circumstances interact with each other and contributing to your current difficulties. I will support you increase your awareness, understand yourself better, relieve emotional difficulties or destructive behavioural patterns and make sense of such experiences.
This process can help you learn more about yourself, gain insight to internal conflicts which they may be present and become more aware of your behaviours, thoughts, perceptions and feelings. By exploring, understanding and accepting those parts of yourself then change can begin. Awareness gives you the choice to bring change and experiment with new ways of being and relating.
How I work?
I work with individuals, couples and groups offering short (6, 8, 12 and 24 sessions) and long-term therapy in both Greek and English.
My philosophy is that combining elements from different approaches and tailoring the treatment according to each individual’s needs works better. This is the guiding principle in my clinical work as a qualified counsellor, graduate psychologist and trainee psychotherapist. I have a flexible, integrative style of working, drawing on elements from several psychotherapeutic modalities as appropriate, such as:
- Psychodynamic approaches, which helps to understand the unconscious and how previous experiences can shape and influence our present
- Relational focused approaches which can be particularly useful for managing emotional distress, primarily associated with relationship difficulties
- Cognitive Behavioural Techniques which can be a useful tool to establish new coping skills, supporting you to manage your emotions more effectively
- Mindfulness Practice specifically for managing Depression and Anxiety and improving overall well-being
What happens next? Moving on
To arrange an initial consultation or to discuss any questions or concerns you may have, please contact me by phone, text or email. All enquiries are strictly confidential.
The initial consultation lasts 50 minutes and will give you the opportunity to talk about what's on your mind, with a view to deciding whether you go forward with further sessions.This consultation gives me the opportunity to ask a lot of questions in order to identify the main issues that have brought you to seek help; any setbacks, as well as to take down details of background and history. At the close of the session a decision can be made as how to proceed.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked with individuals and groups (18+) from a range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds offering short term and open ended therapy within respected therapeutic services in the private sector, NHS primary and secondary services, charities as well as in universities in London.
Also, I have designed and delivered well-being workshops in a charity organisation and well-being recovery focused workshops in the NHS in line with NICE guidelines.
I have a great deal of experience working with a variety of issues including:
- Anxiety/ Stress/ Panic Attacks/ Agoraphobia
- Depression/ Bereavement/ Loss
- Relationship/ Family issues
- Sleeping difficulties
- Mood changes
- Lack of Motivation and Confidence
- Low Self-Esteem/Self-Worth
- Identity Issues
- Dependencies (alcohol, drugs, internet etc.)
- Transitional life changes
- Work pressures or difficulties and Redundancy
- Personal Development
- Physical Health issues (diabetes, multiple sclerosis etc.)
- Enduring and Complex Mental Health Issues
- MA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Middlesex University (2016)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, The Minster Centre (2016)
- MA in Psychoanalytic Studies, University of London (2008)
- BSc (Hons) in Counselling and Psychological Science, Teesside University (2006)
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychology, Mediterranean College (2006)
- Diploma in Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) Centre of Excellence and IANLPC - (2016)
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) & Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) NHS -(09/2014-10/2014)
- Certificate in Personal Life Coaching -Coaching Academy (07/2008)
Additional training on
- CBT for complex and enduring mental health presentations Level 5 -NHS (09/2014- 10/2014)
- Certificate in Working with Personality Disorder KUF -Institute of Mental Health (03/2013)
- Smoking Cessation Level 1 -NHS (09/2013)
- CBT for Agoraphobia & Panic Attacks -Mind (04/2011)
- Trauma skills -Minster Centre (2012)
- Brief Therapy- Minster Centre (2012)
- Certificate in Personal Life Coaching -Coaching Academy (07/2008)
- Working with couples - Mediterranean College (2006)
Seminars attended on
- Agoraphobia & Panic Attacks
- Sexual Abuse, Sexual Diversity, Sexuality
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic abuse/violence
- Death & Bereavement
- Self-harm and Suicide
- Family and belonging
- Personality Disorders
- Mental Health Diagnosis, Psychiatric Assessments and Medication, Risk Assessment, Safeguarding for Adults and Children, Advanced Communication Skills in a Mental Health Setting
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Face to face sessions
My fee for face to face psychotherapy/counselling is £60 per session.
- Skype sessions
Skype sessions lasts for 50 minutes and cost £50.
- Low cost counselling
I offer a limited number of lower cost sessions depending on individual circumstances (e.g. students, pensioners). My fee scale is between £35 - £55 per session for low cost counselling clients.
Fees are paid by cash or direct debit usually at the beginning or the end of each session.
Please email me for availability on firstname.lastname@example.org
Each session lasts for 50 minutes. Sessions would be at the same time each week and last for fifty minutes. For long-term therapy I usually review the work every three months.
The regularity and consistency of sessions is helpful in providing a stable setting to explore deeper-lying issues. However, occasionally, I work with clients in a less regular way if practicalities make it impossible to meet weekly, if it is more therapeutic to work this way, or the clients prefers it.
To arrange an initial session or for any other enquiries contact me
by text on 07941487423
or email on email@example.com
All my points of contact are confidential. I will respond to your message as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Greek (native speaker)|
Monday-Friday 9:00am-8:00pm. I practice in W1, NW6 and NW3. Feel free to contact me and discuss your availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|