I believe we are all uniquely different. Often people feel unable to show who they truly are to the outside world due to fear of judgements, criticism or rejection. Perhaps a traumatic experience or reoccurring shaming moments have evolved into withdrawing, self harming, aggressive or addictive behaviours in order to survive. This can leave people feeling on their own, with thoughts and emotions that feel unmanageable.
I offer a safe space in which you have the feedom to explore and express yourself in order to live a more fulfilling life. I offer a therapeutic relationship that is both holding and containing so that you can explore anything causing discomfort whilst feeling safe. I am empathic yet simultaneously give direct and gentle challenging through honest reflection of negative behaviours whilst facilitating understanding of why these behaviours may have been originally decided upon.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Humanistic Counselling based on Transctional Analysis
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Counselling Skills Certificate Levels 2/3
• Working with religious/cultural beliefs
• Conflict in fractured families
• Anxiety/anxious attachment
• Family impacts and dynamics when a member has mental health issues
• Sexual self-esteem/sense of inadequacy
• Equality and diversity issues
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship issues
£40 per 50 minutes session
I hire a purpose built therapeutic room in a residential area in order to ensure confidentiality.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|