Christine Miles BA (Hons) Reg'd MBACP Person-Centred, Integrative Counsellor
North East Lincolnshire
North East Lincolnshire
Hello and Welcome - I am a fully qualified and experienced Independent Person-Centred Counsellor.
I am also a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (RMBACP)
I have worked, and continue to work alongside male and female aged between 16yrs and 80yrs+ with an extensive range of issues and I am happy to share with you that I feel privileged to have accompanied, and continue to accompany people along their personal individual journeys.
I am passionate about what I do and I truly believe in the process, the value, and the uniqueness of the therapeutic relationship.
- I currently work in private practice offering one-to-one affordable therapy, my therapy room is based in Grimsby and I occasionally work from a colleagues therapy room based in Cleethorpes.
- I also work for Navigo-(NHS) as part of a team offering Systemic Family Therapy and Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT) family work to families and couples at Harrison House in Grimsby.
- I have previously worked for the national company GamCare offering one-to-one counselling for people and affected others struggling with gambling problems and addiction.
- I have also volunteered some of my time, and for a number of years, working within the mental health sector as a one-to-one counsellor for MIND in Cleethorpes.
Choosing The Right Therapist - Research suggests that the therapeutic relationship is key to successful therapy. Feeling that you can trust and share your inner-most thoughts and feelings with your therapist is extremely important and I hope that our initial session together will help to assist you in deciding if my approach and style of counselling is the right fit for you.
How I Work - I work in a professional, confidential, understanding, empathic and non-judgemental way creating a safe and trusting environment for you to explore your issues whilst respecting your uniqueness. For many people this new experience in itself allows for a better understanding enabling you to take steps along a journey of self-discovery and to a greater level of self-awareness, empowerment, personal development and personal freedom.
Why Choose Counselling? - Life can be overwhelming and there are times when it feels almost impossible to deal with the challenges it brings.
Childhood abuse, neglect, bullying, obsessive and/or intrusive thoughts, anxiety, depression, bereavement, loss, toxic relationships, relationship break ups, trauma, stress, these are all extremely distressing and many people struggle to overcome these incredibly painful experiences on their own.
Counselling offers you the opportunity to make sense of, and explore, at your own pace, any issues that may be impacting your life and/or relationships within a safe and confidential environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (with honours) in Counselling Studies
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Certificate of Proficiency (COP) - York
- Behavioural Family Therapy - Training by Meriden
- Systemic Family Therapy - In-house training
- Transactional Analysis - TA101 - Leeds
- Information Governance Training - NHS- Navigo
- ‘Personal Aspects of Attachment Theory - the Science of Family Bonds’ delivered by Sir Richard Bowlby. Faculty of Health, Human Development & Community Studies lecture
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Social Studies and Social Work - Grimsby College
- Bridge to Access Diploma - Grimsby College
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse - (Drugs & Alcohol)
- Working With Problem Gambling - Training by GamCare
- Introduction to Therapeutic Work with Children and Young People - Hull
- Certificate in Counselling Studies - Grimsby College
- Emotional Health - Springboard to Robust Self-Esteem
- Feel the Fear - (and do it anyway) - Jan Rylett
- Inner-Child Potential - Hull
- Working with Russian Dolls in Therapy (Inner-Child) - Lindum College - Lincoln
- Freedom for Agencies - Awareness Training of Domestic & Emotional Abuse - Women's Aid
Professional and Ethical Stance -
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (RMBACP), and I adhere to its Code of Ethics & Practice, these may be viewed online at: http://www.bacp.co.uk
- I am on the BACP Accredited Register which has been created for qualified counsellors, this demonstrates that as a practising counsellor I am committed to providing good quality care. This may be viewed online at: http://www.bacpregister.org.uk/check_register/
- I hold a current, up to date, Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Certificate, information may be viewed online at: http://www.completelycrb.co.uk/crb_explained.htm
- I am covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance
- I attend one and a half hours of private clinical/supportive supervision each month with an Accredited Registered MBACP supervisor for work undertaken in my private practice.
- I attend two hours of clinical/supportive supervision each month through Navigo (NHS) for Behavioural Family work.
- I attend three hours of clinical/supportive supervision each month through Navigo (NHS) for Systemic Family work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Inner child healing work
Photos & videos
£30 - Individual one-to-one counselling
£25 - Individual one-to-one counselling - Trainee Counsellors, Unemployed: (daytime 10am - 4pm)
£35 - Individual one-to-one counselling - Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
I work with male and female clients over the age of 18yrs.
Duration of a counselling session is 60 minutes.
I offer both short term therapy (approximately 6-8 sessions),
or long term therapy which ever suits your needs and requirements.
I work from a private comfortable therapy room central to Grimsby Town Centre which is accessible via local bus routes, train services, and there is ample street parking for cars.
(I am based within a two minute walk from Grimsby Town train station and within a five minute walk from Grimsby University Centre)
I also work from a private and comfortable therapy room based in Poplar Road Cleethorpes.
*Photographs on display are of my therapy room in Grimsby*
I offer day time, evening, and some weekend appointments.
Immediate appointments may be available.
Telephone/Text : 07928235756
**Due to the nature of my work my phone is often in silent mode so please leave a message and I will return your call or text as soon as I am able to**
Thank you for your time in reading through my profile,
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments, I also offer alternate Saturday appointments. Some immediate appointments are available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|