1 Clarkston Road
My name is Christine and I hope in this profile to give you an idea of what it might be like to come and speak to me.
I'm a qualified Person Centred Therapist and I was drawn to the approach as I find it a respectful and honest way of working and relating to people.
It is my aim to work collaboratively with you, in a way that helps you explore and work through whatever brings you to counselling. I believe the relationship we build is key to facilitating healing and growth and I hope you will quickly find that you can trust me and feel safe and accepted.
We will work at a pace that is right for you, where you can, without fear of judgement, feel free to talk over whatever concerns or issues you are finding difficult and together we will see how you can find answers, explore your choices, gain acceptance, insight or understanding.
The underpinning value I hold with each and every client is respect for their individual experience and how that feels and what impact it has on their life and relationships. I will not judge or criticise or offer my solutions as I believe that when you are offered the right space and support you will be able to work things through to find your own answers. I offer you a safe, confidential and supportive space where you can talk freely, process and make sense of things and will help you look at how you can use that understanding to identify, explore and consider options that can have a positive impact in your life and wellbeing.
Person centred counselling offers an opportunity to work things through in an holistic way, working at your pace, with an appropriate but not intrusive or authoritative challenge, with tailored individualised support to help you find the best way forward.
I am particularly interested in how we can learn to live more meaningfully and compassionately with ourselves and others.
I have worked with a wide range of age group, background, beliefs and concerns and issues, such as depression, anxiety,anger, bereavement, illness, conflict, relationship and family difficulties, bullying and harassment, loneliness, and sexuality.
I have experience of working with change and transition in both personal and working life, so as we can make this process both as effective and painless for ourselves as possible.
Whatever is hurting or bothering you I hope you feel able to call or email me to find out more about how we can work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post graduate Diploma in Counselling- University of Strathclyde
- Certificate in CBT
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Scotlands Mental Health First Aid
- Psychology of Coaching Skills
- ASISST suicide prevention
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Working with Couples
- Abuse, Trauma and Dissociation: Understanding and working towards Recovery
- Understanding Addiction
- I am a Registered Member of PVG( Protection of Vulnerable Groups)
- Registered Member of BACP and COSCA
- In addition to my private practice I have experience working in a large voluntary organisation in Glasgow supporting adults with a wide range of difficulty as well as working with a Cancer Charity counselling those living with or affected by cancer whether patient or carer as well as working with a psychiatric hospital.
- Prior to counselling I worked in the private and public sector in a range of roles, always supporting and working with people, in team, leadership and coaching roles.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
£40 for individuals and £50 for couples per therapeutic hour (50 minutes) with an initial free 15 minute consultation by phone.
Skype sessions £40 by agreement.
I can offer day and early evening appointments. When we meet for the first time we will talk about what you hope to get from counselling and how many sessions you would like to come for.
I am based at Southside Counselling, which is easily accessed by public transport, including train and bus and has free car parking at the rear of the building or on side streets.
I have additional training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. If it might be helpful to you we can talk about how that can be integrated into our sessions within the context of a therapeutic relationship.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer both day and evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|