Christine Glover Psychotherapist/Counsellor Dip.Psych/C. B.Ed. MBACP
029 2056 9885 / 07919 325840
Psychotherapist – Counsellor – Hypnotherapist
I offer counselling for Individuals and couples:
If you are feeling distressed, worried or anxious and feel you need help, I offer a warm, safe and confidential environment where you can talk freely and openly. It has been proven that talking therapy helps. Please look at the list below for the issues that might concern you.
Taking the decision to have counselling is always difficult, but you will at last find a safe, confidential place to talk about your life whether it is confusing, painful or uncomfortable. I am trained to listen attentively to your story and to support you on your journey to improve things and bring some balance and peace back into your life.
Research has shown that talking therapy helps when someone is struggling with :
- relationship issues, separation, conflict, abandonment
- anxiety, stress
- family break ups and tension in the home or at work
- bereavement, grief and loss
- unresolved anger, insecurities
- anxiety and stress at work or at home
- low self esteem, low confidence in oneself, low self image
- trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- conflict at work with colleagues
- personal development decisions, work related issues, poor motivation
- personal ambition, goal setting and achievement
- disordered eating, binge eating and anorexia
- weight issues and understanding one's relationship with food
- personal development and commitment
- phobias & fears
- Improving performance and interview techniques
- the everyday pressures in life
To get help and support and make changes in your life call Christine confidentially
on 07919 325840 or 029 2056 9885.
All of us at some time need someone to talk through our troubles with.
How can Therapy help
Because you may be talking about very personal and often painful things, it can sometimes be difficult, but I am here to support you and listen, help you deal with thoughts you may be struggling with and to work through overwhelming issues.
The number of counselling sessions may vary from brief solution focussed therapy or longer.
If you have experienced the death of someone who was very important to you, you might be finding it very difficult to adjust to the immense changes happening in your life right now. Grief can completely disrupt your daily functioning, your beliefs, your personality, and even your... read more on bereavement ›
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Trained ACT Therapist ( Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Brief Solution Focussed Therapist
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Bachelor of Education (Hons): Vocational Training
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Professional Licentiate Member of The Hypnotherapy Society (LHS)
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society (MCNS - ACC)
- Trained ACT therapist (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy)
- Trained Brief Solution Focussed Therapist
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Failed relationships, dealing with an affair, Loss/abandonment, children left home, empty nest syndrome bullying, redundancy,retirement, disappointment, relationship issues,abusive confusing relationships, feeling trapped, caring for elderly relatives, sick relatives, guilt, anger or remorse.
exhaustion reached 'burn out', lack of sleep, lost control.
If you have experienced the death of someone who was very important to you, you might be finding it very difficult to adjust to the immense changes happening in your life right now. Grief can shake everything up - your beliefs, your personality.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
The first introductory session will be about assessing your needs and ensuring that we are comfortable working together . Each session lasts 50 minutes.
Fees to be arranged with you.
I work in Cardiff and the Vale at a time to suit you. Days, evenings and weekends. I am here to help.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|