Dr Christopher Wilson DClinPsy BSc
I am a senior clinical psychologist specialising in depression, anxiety, and the adjustment to dementia, working privately and within the NHS. I am based in London and Hull, and offer a range of psychotherapies with individuals and groups.
How I work
I assist individuals to reduce distress and gain a sense of manageability over adveristy by increasing resilience and internal security. As a clinical psychologist I can offer a range of therapies including Psychodynamic therapy, Cogntive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and therapy enabling the adjustment to lifelong conditions.
I offer a safe and supportive space in which to understand and work with difficulties, and can work flexibly according to suit each individual's unique needs.
Using proven psychological principles and techniques I assist people with dementia, and their families and carers, to remain connected with their sense of self, manage difficult presentations and to maximise their potential.
What to expect from your first appointment
You would be offered a safe space in which we would work together to understand your difficulties. Usually one session in enough for us to think about a plan for a potential way forward, though sometimes this can take longer based on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Over 10 years' experience of offering psychological support for people with complex and wide ranging difficulties, including common emotional difficulties and dementia.
- Further training in psychodynamic practise
- Experienced clinical supervisor
- Published academic writer
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Fees are negotiable based on financial position.
- Standard rates start from £55 per 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and weekends
Types of client