Mr Chi Ko BACP Accredited and COSRT Accredited Psychotherapist
I am a COSRT Accredited and BACP Accredited Psychotherapist, ATSAC Accredited Sex Addiction Treatment Specialist. I am also NMC Registered and EMDR practitioner and Post Graduate in Sex and Relationship Therapy.
I work with a range of sex and relationship issues from sexual trauma to sex addiction; sexual intimacy to sexual dysfunctions (e.g. Erectile and Ejaculatory difficulties, Painful Sex and Loss of Desire, Communication and Emotional issues).
As a Sex Addiction Specialist, I work with clients with Sexual Addiction & Compulsivity; including Fetishism, Pornography, Cyber Sex, Affairs and Infidelity that may impact on individuals and family life. Although I do not work with partners of sex addicts, I can refer partners to my associates who support partners of sex addicts.
We meet in a comfortable and friendly setting where I hope you will feel relaxed and supported whilst working through and hopefully resolving the difficulties that you are experiencing.
I am fully insured and have up to date enhanced DBS Disclosure. Please feel free to contact me for further information or visit the BACP and COSRT websites for further information about counselling and what to expect .
Training, qualifications & experience
Main Qualifications and training:
- CORST Accreditation
- BACP Accreditation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sex and Relationship Therapy
- EMDR training with EMDR UK and Ireland
- Diploma in Sex Addiction - working with individuals and couples
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Proficiency in Counselling
- Diploma in Translation (Chartered Institute of Linguists)
- Diploma of Professional Studies in Nursing
- Clinical Supervision Training
- BSc(Hons) Chemistry
- Specialist Training re: Sexual Offending Behaviours
- Current positions
- Sex Addiction Specialist/ Psychosexual Consultant (The Priory Wellbeing Centre)
- Psychosexual Specialist (Blackpool Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust)
- Bereavement Counsellor (St Catherine's Hospice)
- Clinical Supervisor
- Member of Association for the Treatment of Sex Addiction and Compulsivity
- Member of British Society for Sexual Medicine
- Member of EMDR UK and Ireland
- Accredited Member of COSRT
- Accredited Member of BACP
- Accredited Member of ATSAC
- Psychosexual Therapist (Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust)
- Community Counselling Specialist/ Psychotherapist (East Lancashire PCT and Lancashire
- Care NHS Foundation Trust, 2006-2010)
- HIV Counsellor (East Lancashire NHS Hospital Trust, 1998-2006)
- Person-centred Counsellor (LGF Manchester, 1998-2001)
- Translation Officer (Manchester City Council, 1995-1998)
- Telephone Counsellor (Manchester Switchboard, 1995-1997)
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Analytical Chemist
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Drug abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Therapists who offer Psychosexual Therapy and Sex Addiction Treatment should be registered with a recognised body such as COSRT, CSRP, BPS, BACP and/ or ATSAC.
My clinical work is adhered to the ethical framework and code of practice set by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the College Of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT). I am fully insured and have up to date DBS disclosure.
Some areas that I deal with regularly include Addiction, Anxiety, Depression, Lack confidence, Erectile Dysfunction, Genito-Pelvic Pain/ Penetrative Disorder (formerly Vaginismus and Dysparunia), Loss in Desire, Premature or other ejaculatory difficulties, Sex Related Addiction, Sexuality, Sexual Phobia or Aversion, Abuse and Gender issues.
All fees are reviewed on a regular basis - next review date will be 1st December 2016.
Free 20 minute telephone consultation applied to all new clients.
Fees: £50.00 per 60 minute session with Mr Paul Tidy
Fees: £65.00 per 60 minute session for individuals and £80.00 for couples with Mr Chi Ko
Booking an initial session can often help in your decision about whether psychological therapy is right for you. There is no pressure or obligation to continue after the initial consultation.
Daytime and Evening Appointments Available
- Easily Accessible by Public Transport and by car
- Friendly, Comfortable and Pleasant Environment
- Fully insured and up to date DBS check
When working with sexual addiction, it is usually a good idea initially for the couple to see a different therapist for individual support. This would reduce stress or pressure that couple therapy may inadvertently create; particularly, if hostility or resentment present.
I currently work with Mr Paul Tidy, a professional associate, in treating individuals with sexual addictive behaviours and compulsivity. If appropriate, I may recommend partners of Addicts to gain support from another Sex Addiction Specialist who has the knowledge of working with partners.
Mr Tidy has a First Class Honours Degree in Psychology and is a Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a General Member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT). He has a special interest in Male Sexual Health and Sexual Addictive Behaviour. His current research paper 'A qualitative exploration of therapists' perspectives and experiences of definitions and treating men with premature ejaculation' has been submitted for publication.
Mr Tidy is an ATSAC Accredited Sex Addiction Therapist and is currently undertaking MSc Stage one in Health Psychology, approved by the BPS and a Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy that is accredited by British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
You can contact him direct on email@example.com or 07971 089084 for further information or informal enquiry.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Chinese (Cantonese)|
Flexible appointments are available during day time, evenings and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Chi is an experienced Psychotherapist and supervisor with 15 years experience supervising trainees, counsellors and other helping professionals (including volunteers and nurses) in both statutory and non-statutory settings.View supervision profile