Charlotte Kelly - RN, RM, Dip TA Psychotherapy BACP registerd
The Manchester Institute For Psychotherapy
454 Barlow Moor Road
There are many reasons for seeking therapy. Do you worry? Do you have negative thoughts? Does this impact on your day to day life and relationships? I am a friendly and open minded professional offeriing counselling and psychotherapy to adults. I can offer a confidential and understanding service where the maintenance of a supportive environment and the opportunity for open discussion and resolution is of paramount importance.
My name is Charlotte Kelly and I'm based in South Manchester.
I bring to my therapy practice over 10 years experience as a midwife, working with mothers, fathers and their families. I have a particular interest in working with women who have experienced postnatal depression, birth trauma, and problems relating to childbirth.
Im interested in all aspects off addiction and how it impacts on the family .However I also see clients who who have been affected by the issues below.
I work with individuals and couples, and I offer help with any of these common issues:
- anxiety / panic attacks
- psycho-sexual issues
- relationship problems
- antenatal / postnatal issues
- sexual trauma
- shame-based issues
- post-traumatic stress
- bereavement and loss
- divorce and separation
- identity crisis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Contractual Trainee Transactional Analyst with Psychotherapy Speciality.
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy following 4 years extensive training (480 hours) and personal therapy (160 hours) at the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy, Chorlton.
- Clinically endorsed since March 2010 at Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy.
- 101 Transactional Analysis Certificate.
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Midwifery.
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Nursing.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Individual therapy costs £40 for 55 mins
Group therapy on request.
I consider it beneficial to myself and my clients to continue to develop professionally through further training, regular supervision and ongoing assessments and evaluations from my peers.
I am a member of the the ITA and EATA and abide by these ethical frameworks and guidance. I have full and comprehensive indemnity insurance with the Psychologists Protection Society.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or to arrange an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for reading my profile.
I am BACP registerd
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client