Charlotte Bailey. BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist PG Dip, BSc Hons
Labyrinth Business Centre
43-47 Middle Hillgate
I am a fully qualified Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and accredited member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies. I love my work and I am passionate about helping people overcome their difficulties, increase their confidence and ultimately improve their wellbeing. I continue to provide CBT through the NHS alongside my private work.
CBT is the recommended evidence-based treatment for a number of mental health / emotional difficulties. It can be particularly helpful in addressing:
- General anxiety / worry
- Low self-esteem
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety
- Agoraphobia Trauma
- Sleep problems
- Pain management
CBT helps you overcome your difficulties by teaching you ways to challenge and change unhelpful thought processes and behaviours and adopt healthier ways of thinking and behaving.
I have over 9 years’ experience working with a wide range of people from the ages of 16 to 90+ within the mental health field. People experiencing anxiety and/or depression may also be going through other difficulties for example: health problems, money worries, relationship difficulties, addiction, unemployment, low confidence, low self-esteem and many more. It is no wonder people can become overwhelmed with their problems and need support to help address the negative impact these problems have on their day to day lives. I have experience of helping people take a step back from the overwhelming nature of their difficulties and work alongside them to apply techniques that help them find a way through, restore their daily functioning and ultimately feel better.
It is not uncommon for people to find the prospect of therapy daunting. The first part of my approach focuses on putting you at ease, managing your expectations for therapy and emphasising my non-judgmental, approachable nature. CBT emphasises the benefit of collaboration i.e. it is not about me dictating to you what you should do but rather it is about us working together - getting a shared understanding of your difficulties and deciding how best to address them in a way that is manageable to you in helping you reach your individual goals.
For further information about the therapy and services I provide please visit my website www.cbtstockport.co.uk or contact me today and arrange a free telephone consultation to find out how CBT can help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Below are some of the qualifications and training I have undertaken over the last 11 years:
- Post-graduate diploma in cognitive behavioural psychotherapies – BABCP level 2 accredited course
- Post-graduate certificate in primary care low intensity therapy
- BSc Hons psychology
- Federation of drug and alcohol professionals award
- Transactional analysis 101 certificate
- Improving access to psychological therapies supervisor training
- Remotely delivered therapy for OCD – a research update
- Treating people effectively online
- Group dynamics training
- Clinical risk formulation training
- CBT for addiction and anxiety disorders
- Management of violence and aggression level 2/3
- Storm suicide prevention training
- Storm telephone consultation training
- Storm self injury training
- Motivational interviewing
- Mental health and wellbeing part 1, 2 & 3
- Safeguarding children & vulnerable adults
- Religious diversity and anti-discriminatory training
- Developing resilience
- Stop smoking intermediate training
- Introduction to solution focus therapy
- Various substance use and mental health training courses
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
If you want to find out more before deciding to start therapy please contact me to arrange a free 10 minute telephone consultation. This allows us to have a chat about your needs and how CBT can help you.
Therapy sessions typically cost £60 per session.
Therapy can be provided face to face or via telephone or Skype if preferred. Home visits may be available on request at an additional fee.
Payment for sessions can be made via Bank Transfer (BACS) prior to the appointment or if by cash on arrival if preferred. (Bank details are provided on request)
In addition to referrals from individuals I also welcome referrals from various services, companies and professionals. A higher session fee is often charged for these referrals to reflect the additional administration involved.
Please see my website for further information www.cbtstockport.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Face to face appointments are available throughout the day including early morning or evening appointments. Alternatively therapy via Skype or telephone can be arranged if preferred.
Types of client