Dr Ceri McKervill
02825 647992 / 07968 092263
I work with two consequences of mental and emotional trauma:
- Those who have suffered severe catastrophic shock and distress
- Those who have endured the cumulative effects of insidious, ongoing suffering and lasting stress.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PhD Queen’s University Belfast 2013
- MSc Art Therapy 2005 Queen’s University Belfast
- BA Open University
- BEd University of Sussex
My research explored the mind’s intimate relationship with matter through the idiosyncratic language of art and craft. This is a language unique to each individual and yet paradoxically contains vast universal constituents. It is a pre-metaphoric language of the brain’s limbic system with a reach beneath and beyond that of our verbal languages. This intuitive language is one of sense and feeling which enables the safe and tangential access to emotional concerns.
My main client groups:
- People working in the helping professions: therapists, nurses, servicemen and women.
- Individuals who struggle with long term outcomes of stress and distress.
I offer supervision for art psychotherapists.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Please see my website for details.
Psychotherapy is a delicate personal balance. I offer an initial consultation to ascertain the suitability of my approach and our therapeutic ‘fit’.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client