Catherine Lawson Counsellor and Trainee Supervisor
01282 611186 / 07505 354318
Hi, my name is Catherine and I am a person-centred counsellor and cognitive behaviour therapist. I am currently training to be a counselling supervisor.
Life can get difficult at times and counselling can help you through these difficulties. I will walk alongside you with any issues that you are carrying and together we will find the best solution that is right for you. I believe everyone has their own answers and I will help you find yours.
I work mainly as a person-centred counsellor, but I may use various techniques like relaxation and different strategies to look deeper into the problems in your life affecting thoughts and behaviour.
I may send things home with you to extend our counselling hour, giving you techniques for life.
As a counsellor I offer you my genuineness as we build a relationship and trust. I will create a safe and confidential place for you to open your issues up and listen without judgement as we begin to move forward.
Thank you for reading and please don't hesitate to call if what I offer is for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
- College Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Diploma in Family Counselling
- Diploma in Addiction Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Trainee On The Advanced Certificate In Supervision
Continued Personal Development in:
- Domestic abuse training
- Working with children and young people who self-harm
- Self harm: The solution not the problem
- Working with bereaved clients
- Love, Change and Loss, An insight into grief and bereavement
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: how can therapy help?
- Children and young people conference 2016
- Working with identity and self-esteem in young people with eating disorders
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
Individual £35 an hour
Couples £45 an hour
Family £50 an hour
Supervision £20 an hour or £25 an hour and a half during my training
Concessions available for students and OAP's
One of the hardest things to do is to contact a counsellor in times of need and counselling can help you to move on in life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday 4pm-8pm Weekends available on request
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have almost completed the supervision course and will be continuing to complete the advanced certificate in supervision.View supervision profile