Kate Kennedy MBACP (accredited)
Birmingham Counselling And Psychotherapy Centre
127 Pottery Road
I work as an Integrative Counsellor, working mainly within the framework of the Person Centred and Gestalt therapeutic approaches. I work with each individual for as little or as long as is necessary.
Counselling is a safe place to be heard and valued, it provides support for you and can help you to move forward and can potentially give clarity to difficult situations.
But deciding you need counselling can be a big step and making an appointment can seem difficult. The first session is about seeing if it feels suitable you. There is no obligation to continue if it doesn't seem suitable for you.
To make an appointment, please ring and leave a message, I will get back to you as promptly as possible. Also you can email with any queries/questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 16 years of client practice
- Accredited with BACP since 2003.
ABC Diploma in Counselling
CPCAB Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling.
CSCT Certificate in Counselling Theory.
CSCT Certificate in Counselling Skills.
Introduction to Counselling.
Membership: MBACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy member)
Annual workshops - such as;
Creativity in the therapy room.
Journey into healing residential seminar.
An effective response to working with self harm.
Transitions and creative response to change.
Cognitive behavioural approach integrated with Person Centered approach.
Bereavement-working with the spiral of grief.
My client work has been varied over the years working with many issues, such as those listed below. I believe many of our issues develop through some sense of loss.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I work with whatever is causing you distress.
To talk and to be truly heard can help you to move forward and find clarity.
I Charge £35.00 for a 50 minute session
Initial session £25.00
Counselling is more beneficial if the sessions are on a weekly basis, but I realize this is not always possible so I do see clients on a fortnightly basis when appropriate or necessary.
Inside - Outside Therapy
- I personally have a great interest in nature, in growth, plants, gardening, flowers etc. I believe the aspect of growth in nature can be easily compared to our own personal growth, so therefore can become an integral part of counselling.
- Where I am based at Birmingham Counselling Psychotherapy Centre, my practice room when appropriate is in the summer house of the counselling centre. This allows aspects of nature and the seasons to be included in the counselling sessions.
- Also once the counselling is established it may be suitable to have sessions whilst walking in a park or gardens.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|