Being an Integrative Counsellor means that I draw from a wide range of counselling knowledge and skills (Psychodynamic, Humanistic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)), because I feel that this enables me to tailor counselling sessions to fully meet the needs of an individual, thereby appreciating that everyone is unique and that what works for one person, might not work for everyone.
It is my hope to offer a safe, non-judgemental, confidential space, set within my home, to provide a place where you feel comfortable and secure enough to share your issues and concerns in the hope that whatever is troubling you can be made sense of and work towards ways to make your life easier and more fulfilled.
Sessions are very much tailored to your needs and your goals for receiving counselling. You set the pace and the direction and I am merely there to help guide you in the direction you wish to go. I have over 4 years counselling experience where I have worked with a wide range of clients and am able to offer counselling for many issues; please see those listed below.
I realise that counselling is a deeply personal and often scary prospect and that finding the right counsellor is very important to the success of therapy and as such welcome email or phone call enquiries to see if I’m right for you before you attend an appointment. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact me and I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
(BACP registered Registration number 155263)
- PG Diploma Therapeutic Counselling – University of South Wales (Newport)
- PG Certificate in Counselling Skills – University of South Wales (Newport)
- MA in Social and Public Policy – University of Leeds
- BA (Hons) in Social Policy Studies – University of Bradford
- The Mind of the Perpetrator and Sexualised Trauma - Zoe Loddrick
- Art Psychotherapy with Clay work, update on organisation and Research – NCCS
- FGM, Cultural Difference – BAWSO (Newport)
- PTSD, Impact on Refugees, Trauma, Dissociation and Vicarious trauma - Mike Davies
- Domestic Abuse Awareness - Karon Eyers (Newport DA Unit)
- Effective Help for Someone in Spiritual Emergency - Dr Emma Bragdon PHD
- Newport Community Counselling Service (NCCS)
- BAWSO (Newport)
- Domestic Abuse Unit (Newport)
- Private Practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Session fees are £30 for a 50 session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday and evening appointments available.
Types of client