Catherine Glenister Registered MBACP
01946 692131 / 07979 407778
I am an Humanistic Integrative Counsellor and use a variety of theoretical models tailored to each individual Client. I work with many issues, including, anger, anxiety, depression, trauma and low self-esteem. I have worked with many clients in deep distress.
I recognise the importance of finding the right Counsellor that best suits your needs, I'm very understanding, work at my Clients pace and am warm and empathic. I provide a safe space, in a non-judgemental environment, where you will have the freedom to explore and challenge any repetitive patterns of behaviour.
Change and healing do happen within the context of a strong, accepting relationship, I believe the Counselling relationship can make that difference.
I maintain confidentiality providing a professional service complying with the ethics and standards of the BACP.
Training, qualifications & experience
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Certificate of Registration (accredited voluntary register) Registration number 085219
- Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling Level 4. January 2014.
- Safeguarding Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect - Foundation V5. 2014.
- Multi Agency Risk Assessment Committee (MARAC) training course. 2013.
- An Intro to Transactional Analysis VRQ Credit Certificate Level 3. June 2013.
- Cumbria addictive substance abuse (CADAS) understanding and working with addictive behaviour training. December 2013.
- Certificate In Counselling Skills Level 2. January 2012.
- West Cumbria Rape Crisis in house training (sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse, sexual harassment and sexual touching ) 2012.
- West Cumbria Domestic Violence (The Freedom Project) in house training 2012
- A.C.T. Introduction Course 2015
- Compassion Focused Therapy Workshop With Paul Gilbert & Daniel Siegel 2016
Mental Health And Well Being – Liverpool University
LITERATURE AND MENTAL HEALTH: READING FOR WELLBEING – The University Of Warwick
Mindfulness For Wellbeing And Peak Performance – Monash University
https://www.futurelearn.com/certificates/hif5e0x - Kings College London
Understanding Drugs And Addiction
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
£35.00 per hour
EAP by arrangement.
I am a Registered Member of BACP and abide by their Code of Ethics and work to their Ethical Framework.
I have monthly Supervision and am passionate and committed to continuing professional development.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|