Catherine (Kate) Bewsey - CPsychol AFBPsS M.Sc Post M.Sc.Dip CounsPsych
9 Bromells Road
07897 208832 / 07897 208832
I am a highly experienced Chartered Psychologist and CBT Therapist with 17 years of both NHS and private practice experience. I am accredited by HPC (Health Professions Council) and BABCP (British Association of Cognitive Psychotherapies). Conditions treated include depression and anxiety disorders, including panic, general anxiety disorder, social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias, health anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder as well as other issues, including coping with life-events, loss and adjustment, managing stress, including stress at work, perfectionism, self-esteem and confidence, eating issues, and bullying.
I see clients at Clapham Common and Liverpool St, very close to the tube stations.
- For a FREE initial telephone consultation please call me on 07897208832 or email me on email@example.com.
- This conversation helps me to see whether I can help you with your issues and gives you a chance to get to know me and see whether my way of working suits you.
- I aim to respond to any requests for consultation within 24 hours.
My approach is integrative and includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). CBT is the treatment of choice for depression and anxiety according to NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence guidelines). My training as a Chartered Counselling Psychologist allows me to work flexibly drawing on a wide range of psychological theories and models so that treatment is tailored to each and every individual according to individual need. We will work together to explore your issues in a safe and non-judgmental and confidential environment where you will have space to move forward with the issues which have brought you along.
At assessment I will provide you with an individually based formulation and treatment plan and we will work collaboratively to help you resolve your difficulties. I work with adult clients from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Master of Science Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Science Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Recent continuous professional development includes neuropsychology, mindfulness, schema therapy training, leadership training and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) training.
- Chartered Psychologist and an Associate Fellow recognised by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Registered with the Health Professions Council (HCPC), which regulates and monitors the practice of psychologists
- Registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Applied Psychology Practice Supervisor (BPS, RAPPS)
- Registered as a Chartered Scientist with the BPS
I continue to work in the NHS. I have extensive experience of working in primary care and clinical health psychology and have worked with a wide range of patient presenting problems, including depression and anxiety. I have also provided supervision to trainee therapists, included Psychologists and CBT therapists.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My specialist areas include work with long-term health conditions including diabetes and pain and stress management, including stress at work.
I also offer coaching for retirement, life transitions and health, career change and general feelings of 'stuckness'.
I am also an experienced supervisor and supervise trainee therapists, including psychologists and CBT therapists.
I am registered with most insurance companies, including BUPA and AXA
Please get in touch directly to discuss fees if you are funding yourself or want to check whether I am registered with your insurance company.
Fees range from £50.00 to £110.00.
My consulting room is in Clapham Old Town, near the tube and LIverpool street, very close to the tube.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
There is flexibility with appointments - please contact me directly for further information
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an applied Psychology Practice Supervisor (BPS, RAPPS) and have many years experience of supervising CBT colleagues and trainees in an NHS setting.View supervision profile