Catherine Altson MSc, Registered MBACP (Accred).
52A Old London Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Clapham Family Practice
Mary Seacole Centre
89 Clapham High Street
I am a professionally accredited counsellor and psychotherapist, with private practice locations in both Kingston, KT2 and Clapham, SW4.
My integrative approach means that I draw on several different schools of thought including psychodynamic, person-centred and existential approaches, but the heart of my practice is my aim to provide a space for you that is supportive and non-judgmental, in order to help you explore whatever it is that's troubling you.
People consider counselling for a number of different reasons at different times in their lives, and you might be wondering whether counselling is right for you. Most clients therefore find it helpful to come in for an initial consultation session, to meet me in person and discuss what it is that's brought them to therapy, and then they can take some time to reflect on whether to proceed with regular therapy sessions. I am happy to work with clients in either a short term or open ended way.
I have been working as a therapist for several years, developing my practice and gaining experience working within the NHS, bereavement services and The Samaritans. I currently teach as a visiting lecturer at the University of Roehampton (MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy).
For more information about how I work, see: www.catherinealtson.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Counselling & Psychotherapy (University of Roehampton)
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling & Counselling Skills (Birkbeck University)
- BA in Psychology and Communication (University of South Africa)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course (CRUSE, Acentis accredited)
I currently see clients in private practice, and have been teaching as a visiting lecturer on the MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Roehampton since 2013.
Previous experience includes:
- The South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Foundation Trust
- A community based Bereavement Service
- The Samaritans
I am a member of the following professional organisations:
- The Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (MUPCA)
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapists - Registered MBACP (Accred)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Concessions are available to students and low income / unemployed clients - please contact me for further details
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Types of client