Cate Harding-Jones. MA Integrative Counselling. BACP Member.
178A Whitchurch Road
I am a BACP qualified counsellor based in Cardiff, South Wales, working with adults experiencing a wide range of problems and life situations. These include stress, anxiety, relationship troubles, bereavement, and self esteem issues. My specialist area is working with trauma and abuse.
I have worked as a counsellor with people who have experienced trauma and abuse for a number of years. I also work as Director of Counselling for a UK charity, counselling people who have experienced trauma and sexual exploitation, as well as working in private practice.
Sessions are about helping and supporting you by giving you the chance to talk and explore what is bothering you. In counselling you have the right to say how you feel, be listened to, and be respected without being judged.
I work in a person-centred, humanistic way, but with experience of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, particularly Trauma Focused CBT.
I work with both short-term and long-term clients. Within an initial consultation, I explain the process and purpose of counselling, and, together with you, decide on what format of counselling would be best suited.
I hope I can be of help to you as you search for the right counsellor. Please feel free to get in touch with any questions you have.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA in Integrative Counselling (University of South Wales).
Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling (University of South Wales).
Certificate in Counselling (University of Newport).
BA Hons Degree in Social Philosophy and Applied Ethics (Cardiff University).
My experience as a counsellor includes:
- Working with multiple issues and backgrounds within private practice counselling
- Role as Director of Counselling at a UK based charity, working with survivors of sex trafficking
- Role as Clinical Assessor at a UK based organisation, working with survivors of rape and sexual abuse
- Voluntary Counsellor at a UK based organisation, working with complex trauma
- Winner of the VAMT Volunteer of the Year award 2014, based on long-term voluntary counselling work
- Seminar presenter at the University of South Wales Counselling Research and Psychotherapy
Conference, and Sparks Conference
- Delivering counselling related training with various UK organisations and charities
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Working with Trauma Focused CBT
Sessions cost = £40 (waged) or £35 (unwaged and students) per counselling hour
Special offer = £30 introductory session (1 hour)
Cancellation Policy = £20 cancellation fee charged if sessions are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice
Location: counselling sessions based at Talking Therapy, 178A Whitchurch Road, Cardiff, CF13 3NB
Contact: please feel free to email or phone if you have further questions I could help you with.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday & Tuesday 8am-8pm (weekend appointments available upon request)
Types of client