Dr Cat St Clair
I'm a Clinical Psychologist specialising in working with children, young people, and families. I can treat mental health difficulties such as anxiety and depression, as well as helping with a range of issues such as anger management, challenging behaviour, and parenting strategies. I use a range of therapeutic approaches, depending on the difficulty and what feels most appropriate for each individual. My goal is to help make family life easier, happier, and better.
I see clients in the peace and quiet of a confidential therapy room in South Kensington, but also offer home visits in West and SW London if this is more convenient. Please see my website for the areas I cover.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am UK-trained, with a First Class degree in Psychology (MA, Hons.) and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy.)
- I'm a Chartered member of the British Psychological Society (BPS - membership no. 145488).
- I'm registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC - Practitioner Psychologist, registration no. PYL20080).
- I hold a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure, and full Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- In addition to my private practice, I have worked within the NHS for over 10 years, as part of various mainstream and specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Child Development Services.
- I frequently liaise and consult with local nurseries and schools (both primary and secondary), and have good links with a wide range of professionals including GPs, Paediatricians, Educational Psychologists, Social Workers, Family Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Psychiatrists.
- I have completed various training in parenting, behaviour management, and working with Autism Spectrum Disorders including Asperger's. I am also trained to administer the ADOS-2, although do not carry out ASD assessments privately.
- I take a flexible and eclectic approach to therapy, and incorporate systemic, solution-focused, behavioural, and psychotherapeutic thinking. Ultimately, the way I work will be determined by what feels most comfortable and appropriate for you and your child or family.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Behaviour, sleep, feeding, and toileting.
- Assessment - £135/hr
- Therapy, including parenting work - £135/hr
- Home visits (assessment/therapy) - £150/hr
- Child observations at school or nursery - £150/hr
- Sessions via phone or Skype - £120/hr
- Phone consultations and liaison work with school/nursery or other professionals - £120/hr
- Clinical supervision £120/hr
I accept payment via bank transfer, cash, or cheque. Cancellations with less than 24hrs notice are fully chargeable.
I am also registered with a number of health insurance companies, including Aviva, Cigna, and AXA PPP. They all have different policies with regards to what they will fund, so please do just ask.
If you have any questions about me, or how/where I work, please do not hesitate to ask!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays (9am-5pm), Tuesdays (9am-7pm), Fridays (1-6pm)
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer clinical supervision to qualified practitioners working with children and young people.View supervision profile