Carolyn Marsh BA (Hons), Dip Psych, UKCP
I am an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor which means that I am trained in the various models of psychotherapeutic understanding as there can be more than one approach in order to gain insight into an issue. I specialise in bereavement by suicide and mental health issues including depression anxiety addiction stress anger and trauma.
There can be times in our lives when we need someone to talk to who is non-judgmental and works alongside us in finding our own way through the difficulties we face. This is what psychotherapy offers in a safe and confidential setting.
As an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor there can be more than one approach in order to gain insight into an issue; looking back into the past to find the cause, staying in the present to find the qualities needed for resolving an issue, and looking towards the spiritual aspect which can be the purpose and guide for the work. The focus of my training is in the transpersonal model of psychotherapy which integrates mind body and spirit.
I have been seeing clients since 2011 in Buckinghamshire and London. My work can include visualisations and dream exploration in order to gain a deeper understanding of the issues presented. I can also integrate cognitive behavioural techniques into the work if necessary.
I offer a confidential and non-judgemental space in which to work alongside a client exploring issues in order to gain insights, better ways to cope, changes to behaviour, and the integration of disowned aspects of who we are leading to a more authentic way of being.
I work with individuals and offer daytime and evening appointments in Beaconsfield Bucks and London W2. I specialise in bereavement by suicide and mental health issues including depression anxiety addiction stress anger and trauma. I am UKCP accredited and abide by the UKCP code of ethics.
Prior to training as a psychotherapist, I worked in the retail sector for over thirty years as a manager buyer and representative. I lived in the United States for twenty years and ran my own business in Hawaii for ten years.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy- Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education. Validated by the University of Northampton. Four year course (2014).
- Counselling Foundation Course- Bucks Adult Education National Open College Network. One year course (2010).
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy workshop (2017).
- Mindfulness and EMDR workshop (2017).
- Internal Family Systems workshop (2017).
- Working with Addiction from a Transpersonal Perspective workshop (2016).
- Riverside ECHG. Supported housing for homeless men and woman. I provide psychotherapy for clients starting in 2013 and continue with this work.
- FreshStart. Low cost counselling and psychotherapy for clients of all age groups and backgrounds in London. (2013-2016).
- Psychiatric Observational Placement at the Tindal Centre, Aylesbury Bucks. A mental health hospital for Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire mental health NHS. (2012).
- Buckinghamshire Mind. I provided befriending support for clients. (2011).
- BA (Hons) History, Leeds University. (1978).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Bereavement by Suicide
Photos & videos
After an initial assessment-
Individual sessions £45, Beaconsfield Bucks (daytime/evenings).
Individual sessions £60, London W2 (daytime/evenings).
Parking is available on the driveway of my home in Beaconsfield Bucks. I am within easy walking distance from public transport.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|