Caroline Evans BA (Joint Hons) MA PGDipPsych BPC
Canonbury Natural Health Clinic
265 Upper Street
Seeking out therapy or counselling may feel daunting to begin with. As an experienced psychotherapist and counsellor, I listen empathetically and without judgement.
In a reliable, confidential space, we can work together to think about what is going on within you and how your feelings and thoughts are influencing your life.
Gaining insight into current and past difficulties can help to bring about long-lasting improvements in emotional well-being, greater fulfilment and even a change in recurring symptoms, such as insomnia.
I have particular experience working with individuals who struggle with anxiety, depression, relationship issues such as jealousy, separation/attachment, anger and obsessions. Other issues we can address in therapy include (but are not limited to) bereavement, trauma, coping with physical health problems or even feelings of emptiness or that something just isn't quite right.
How to begin
- First, please call, text or email me to set up an initial session. During the week, I will reply within 24 hours.
- We can then have a brief phone conversation and/or arrange an initial consultation to meet each other, talk about therapy and think about working together.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, WPF Therapy (4 years, clinical training)
- MA Psychoanalytic Studies, Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust (3 years)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, WPF Therapy (1 year)
- Private practice
- Within a GP surgery
- For a charity and training organisation
- For mental health charity Mind
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Firstly, the initial consultation will give us time to think and talk about working together and whether psychotherapy or counselling might be helpful for you.
My fee for the initial consultation is £65.
My consulting room is based at Canonbury Natural Health Clinic, just a few minutes walk from Highbury and Islington and 10 minutes from Angel.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday, including some evening times. Often I can offer an initial appointment within a few days.
Types of client