40 Gwydir Street
01223 313652 / 07816 362730
I am registered with the UKCP and am an integrative psychotherapist. I offer individual therapy, couples counselling and Supervision and have run a private practise both in Cambridge and London for over twenty years. I am also a painter and my initial degree was in the Arts.
I focus on creating an atmosphere of understanding, acceptance and trust in which to facilitate the exploration, challenge and potential transformation of underlying issues. I am experienced in a broad range of therapeutic perspectives and will work with you according to your individual needs and inclinations.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy (3 years inc. Foundation) UKCP registered since 2002
- Certificate in Body Psychotherapy (3 years inc. Foundation)
- Setting up a Private Practice both at home in Cambridge and in London
- Experienced in both long-term and short-term client work
I work with a wide range of issues including depression/anxiety, relationship difficulties/abuse, sexuality, eating disorders, panic attacks, work difficulties, bereavement.
I was also a tutor on The Cambridge Psychodynamic Counselling Course and have trained groups of psychiatric nurses, using art as a primary way into feelings.
I supervise both qualified therapists and trainee therapists and for many years, and I supervised Probation Officers who worked with Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse.
I have run weekly therapy groups using various creative media.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£55 per 50 minute session for individual therapy
£75 per 1 hour for couples counselling
£55 per 50 minute session for supervision
Some lower cost therapy is also available and open to negotiation depending on availability.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|