Carol Suchley B. A. (Hons), Adv. Dip. HE, (MBACP) (Reg.)
Occasionally we may all experience thoughts and feelings that may cause us difficulty and impact upon us in our everyday lives.
As a qualified Person-Centred Therapist the aim of my work is to help you explore any thoughts or feelings that may be troubling you or causing you concern such as unresolved issues from the past, or problems in your everyday.
Person-Centred Counselling is a type of talking therapy, humanistic in its approach. This approach helps individuals find the tools they need to work through any negative thoughts or feelings. Using the Person-Centred approach means I take the view that each Individuals process is different and unique.
An important part in moving this unique process forward is the 'therapeutic relationship' that develops over time between the client and therapist. The 'therapeutic relationship' is seen as being at the heart of the approach I use as it helps build trust by providing and holding space for Individuals, so that over time, they can explore, process, and become more accepting of themselves, become unstuck, look at anything difficult in a new light.
During out therapy sessions I will sit with you on your journey, support and encourage you, offer you empathy, genuineness, unconditional positive regard; a listening ear, and a non-judgmental attitude. I will be authentic in my work, which means that at times I will explore anything I feel you are avoiding, more closely with you. I will work with what you decide to bring, at a pace that is led by you.
Sometimes just talking with someone that listens can have a positive impact on us when we are finding things overwhelming. Being heard in a confidential space without fear of judgement by others, can help move us forward on to a new path of confidence and inner strength. A place where trust can be built, and there is movement towards self-acceptance of our true and authentic self.
- I offer counselling for individuals Male or Female 18+ who experience Anxiety, Low Self-Esteem, Lack of Confidence, Depression, Loss, Bereavement, Work Related Stress, Relationship Difficulties, Anger, Abuse ....... (See full list).
As a mature adult who has experienced some of life's challenges myself, I can appreciate how difficult taking that first step towards counselling can be. If you have any questions or concerns or would like to book an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07714 790938. I provide a confidential voicemail and email service for my clients.
I hold a B. A. (Hons) Degree in Counselling Studies from the University of Essex.
I am an individual registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and adhere to the Ethical guidelines. I have regular supervision to ensure my work is carefully monitored, so that boundaries are maintained, and ethical consideration is given to clients at all times.
ABOUT MY WORK
Individual sessions are 50 mins.
You will be offered an initial 50 minute assessment session @ Fee £25.00.The assessment session will be for you to talk about any issues or concerns you may have, and what you would like to get out of counselling, and to decide whether we can work together.
Once we decide we can work together, a contract will be agreed for six further sessions. Individual Sessions Monday-Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 9.00-2.00pm @ Fee £35.00. Sessions will be on the same day and at the same time each week.
During our time together the work will be reviewed, and we will look at how you are feeling, whether you would like to continue counselling (go into open time), or finish counselling.
I offer short term or longer term counselling depending on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
Person-Centred Counsellor - Colchester Institute
(2014-2016). Completion of 100 Hours.
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Eating Problems
- Low Self-Esteem
- Low Self-Worth
- Low Self-Confidence
- Relationship Problems
- Work Related Stress
- Suicidal Ideation
- Problems Associated with Mental/Physical Health
- Individuals who have presented with clinical diagnosis such as schizophrenia, psychosis, personality disorder.
- Level 2 Certificate Counselling Skills (Braintree College)
- Certificate of Higher Education in Person-Centred Counselling (University of Essex)
- Advanced Diploma in Higher Education in Person-Centred Counselling (University of Essex)
- B. A. (Hons) Degree in Counselling Studies (University of Essex)
I am committed to attending CPD (continuing professional development) each year. This will be updated from time to time to reflect any new Certification:-
- Certificate Domestic Violence (University of Essex)
- Certificate Pluralistic Counselling.The Ultimate Therapeutic Approach? (Southend)
- Certificate Understanding Autism and PDA (Norwich)
I have Professional Indemnity Insurance.
I am DBS checked.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Photos & videos
Individual Sessions are 50 minutes
- Initial Assessment Session £25.00
- Monday-Thursday 9.00am-5.00pm and Friday 9.00am-2.00pm @ Fee £35.00
I also offer;
- Evening Sessions Monday-Thursday 6pm - 8pm.
- Saturday Sessions - 9am - 11am
- Sundays - CLOSED
Please contact me for Fee/Availability.
I offer a concessionary rate for Individuals on a low income - Proof is Required.
Parking is only available for evening/weekend appointments, and is subject to availability.
- I have no wheelchair access at my office and offer Home Visits for clients who are unable to climb stairs, or find travelling extremely difficult.
- During the warmer months I offer Person-Centred Walking Therapy (PCWT).
- I offer sessions for couples, subject to availability.
You can find out more about what I do and any Fees/Availability on my website*
THANK YOU FOR VISITING !
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday: 9.00am - 5.00pm, Friday 9.00am-2.00pm, Saturday: 9am - 11am Sunday: Closed
Types of client