Dr Carol Cullen, Registered Chartered Psychologist
Life can be difficult at times and some experiences are harder to overcome than others. If you are feeling overwhelmed by day to day life or having difficulty in finding pleasure in things then you are likely to benefit from psychological help and support.
I am a Chartered Psychologist. I have theoretical and practical knowledge of various therapeutic approaches that enable me to work collaboratively and sensitively with you to achieve positive mental health. I use a person-centred approach with a keen interest in psychodynamic and inner child therapy and I am qualified in the use of Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), recommended by NICE guidelines for the treatment of PTSD.
If you would like to ask me any questions or are interested in booking an initial appointment please contact me on the telephone number at the top of this page or email me if you would feel more comfortable.
I work in Newport, Shropshire and Nantwich, Cheshire as well as Birmingham Central, primarily working with adults and adolescents.
I consistently adhere to the Code of Ethics and Conduct of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health and Care Professions Council's (HCPC).
I am registered with medical insurance companies; AXA PPP Healthcare, Aviva, WPA.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- BA(Hons) Psychology & Childhood & Youth Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling
- The British Psychological Society Test User: Occupational Personality (RQTU)
- Occupational Ability (RQTU)
- E.M.D.R. Therapist
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Member of EMDR UK & Ireland
- Community Mental Health Service (secondary mental health)
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT/CBT)
- Adult Counselling Service
- Paediatric Physical Health Psychology Service
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
£70 per individual, 60 minute session
£100 per individual, 90 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|