Carlie Wickenden-Walsh MBACP (Adv Dip)
18 Nelson Street
I am a fully qualified Counsellor who specialises in working with children and young people (10 - 25 years old)
I have a very successful outcome with all my clients helping them to deal with;
- Self-esteem issues/self-esteem building
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Self harm
- General & Social Anxiety problems
- Dealing with separating & divorced parents
- Managing and adapting and reintegrating with a new family this can be step parents/ step siblings/foster or adopted carers.
- Relationship issues/Identity/gender issues
- Cyber bullying & bullying in general
- Fears and phobias
- Assertion techniques
- Anger management techniques
- School/college stress
My private practice is based in Southend-on-sea town centre one minute from Southend Central station and buses, parking in same road (metered)
I am a member of MBACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
'Life is like a stepping stone journey; sometimes we get stuck and need some support to carry on through the difficult times, and find new ways to understand ourselves and people around us.'
Training, qualifications & experience
- AQA Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Practitioners modulated certificate =
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy skills and theory training working with Depression Part 1
- Eating Disorders and nutritional intervention training
- Transactional analysis and Inner child therapy
- Counselling Children and young people
- Attachment and Loss through the years theory and practice
- AQA Counselling skills
- Certificate Of Proficiency BACP register
- Therapeutic relationships with Children and Young people
- Child Protection/Safeguarding Children and Young people Level 3
- Play Therapy Skills
- Simplifying Personality Disorder Treatment: A new paradigm for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Mindfulness)
- Schema Therapy workshop
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy skills and theory training working with Anxiety Part 2
- Neuroscience for therapists (50hrs)
- Intergrative approach to Self Esteem (30hrs)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder workshop
- Trauma, Dissociation & recovery workshop
- Relational Trauma and Disorganised Attachment workshop
- Understanding learners on the Autistic Spectrum Level 2
- Anxiously attached: understanding and working with preoccupied attachment workshop
- Self-harm workshop
- Yoga Therapy for Mind (Anxiety, Depression & Stress) 8 week course (20hrs)
- Safeguarding Adults at risk Level 3
- Prevent Training - Radicalisation
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing workshop
- Yoga for Trauma release workshop
- Working with Children & Young people in CAMHS worskshop
- Congress attachment and trauma - The resilience of mind and body (2 day workshop )
- Counselling individuals on the Autistic Spectrum workshop
I have 12 years experience working with children and adolescents In educational and therapeutic settings.
I am currently working as a therapeutic Senior Teaching Assistant at The Priory Psychiatric Hospital Chelmsford and have been for the last 7 years. I am based within the Inpatient Adolescent Ward, where we can support young people from (10yr-18yr) with all types of mental health issues, for example: generalised anxiety disorder, severe depression, Psychosis/drug induced psychosis and borderline personality disorder.
I am also a Sessional CAMHS Therapist for Out patients at The Priory Psychiatric Hospital Chelmsford and have been for 3 years.
I have been running my own private practice for the last 6 years.
I have also worked at Basildon MIND as a Child and Adolescent counsellor for 3 years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am very adaptable with my approach and will do my best to help support you.
Please feel free to contact me to find out any information.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Please contact me
If you would like to arrange appointment to see me or just to ask for some advice. Please feel free to contact me either by phone, text or email.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My practice is available Wednesdays 4pm-7pm and Fridays 3pm-7pm
Types of client