Cara Bruce - CPCAB Dip.Couns.MBACP
Support Care Therapy
Do you feel alone and have no one to talk to? I offer one to one counselling in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment located in Loughton. I offer a free 30 minute consultation. Discounts for trainee counsellors and those with limited income.
Are you going through a difficult time at present? Are things getting on top of you? I am here to listen and understand and support you with whatever you feel you need to talk about and explore.
We can often find ourselves feeling alone, distressed, overwhelmed and unfulfilled and unable to cope with difficult periods in our lives. Making time for yourself through personal counselling can help you value your experiences, make sense of your thoughts and feelings, actions and reactions. I am here to listen and support you and help you to make positive changes in your life. My aim as a counsellor is to help you explore whatever difficulties you may be experiencing. My reflective and confidential practice provides a warm empathic understanding and non-judgemental space where you can gently explore ways to bring meaning, understanding, awareness and hope into your life.
I am a very thoughtful and warm counsellor and have worked with a wide range of clients, both men and women. By gentle exploration I work to support you through counselling to make sense, find meaning and to encourage ways to understand and move you positively forward.
My counselling practice provides professional qualified interventions that deal with many problems. I am a fully qualified counsellor with a person-centred background, and I work in an integrative way bringing a variety of counselling approaches together that suit the needs of individual clients. As well as running my own private practice, I work with voluntary, public health and charity settings.
I offer 50 minute one to one counselling on a short or long term basis. I regularly review our work together to make sure you are getting what you need out of the therapeutic process.
I offer discounts for students and student counsellors and those with limited income. I would be happy to discuss this with you.
I offer an initial 30 minute consultation free of charge which will give us both the opportunity to explore how you would like us to work together and what you hope to achieve out of counselling.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Membership no: 802690) and adhere to the BACP code of ethics.
I am fully insured and have regular supervision, and I also hold a CRB certificate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction to counselling skills
- CPCAB certificate in counselling skills
- CPCAB Level 3 certificate in counselling studies
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling
- Certificate in mindfulness training
- Certificate in drug and alcohol awareness training
- Certificate in substance misuse and harm reduction
- Specialist in drug and alcohol addiction
- Motivational interviewing
- Suicidal ideation
- Survivors of suicide
- Certificate in safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Certificate in safeguarding of vulnerable children
I have experience of working with many issues, such as:
- Substance abuse
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Emotional and sexual abuse
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Relationship problems
- Physical abuse
- Domestic abuse
- Survivors of suicide.
My experience includes working with young people and adults, both men and women. As well as running my own private practice, I also carry out work on behalf of a drug and alcohol agency, counselling and supporting individual clients experiencing drug and alcohol abuse and recovering alcoholics.
I have experience working and supporting clients diagnosed with schizophrenia and personality disorder.
My private practice is close to both Loughton Station and Debden Station and the M11 (from Loughton) and M25 (Waltham Abbey. There is parking directly outside.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- 50 minute one to one session £40
- Discounts for students and those with limited income
- Discounts for trainee counsellors
- Fees can be paid weekly with cash, Paypal or via bank transfer
- Day and evening sessions available Mon-Fri, 9am-9pm
- Home visits are available for the less mobile.
Please feel free to contact me for further information. I am here to listen and help you make the first step to alleviating your difficulties and concerns.
To contact me please telephone or text 07751 401731 (if I do not answer please leave me a message as I may be with another client, I will contact you within the hour)
Based in Loughton I am within easy access of:
- Buckhurst Hill
- South Woodford
- Waltham Abbey
- Waltham Cross
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday 9am-9pm. Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|