Britta Schuessler MA, Registered MBACP (accred)
11C Gladstone Place
07801 413 442
Does any or all of this apply to you?
- You suffer a lot from stress or anxiety.
- You suffer panic attacks.
- You suffer from depression.
- You feel distressed easily.
- You cannot control your anger and feel out of control.
- You feel overwhelmed and cannot concentrate.
- Your find that you do not sleep well a lot of the time.
- Somehow your find there are always a lot of difficulties in your relationships.
- You have an addiction or a compulsive habit.
- You suffer from a phobia.
- You had bad experiences in your life or trauma that still haunt you?
If yes, I can help you.
I offer free assessments so you can explore what you need without worry!
Here is a bit more about me. I use an integrative approach to therapy and mindfulness to support you to address these issues in a safe way so you can begin to relax, change and enjoy your life more.
My name is Britta Schuessler and I have been practising as a counsellor and psychotherapist since 2003.
I provide counselling and trauma therapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment. My aim is to enable you to enhance your life and to live it more fully.
At present I have a room near the town centre of Stirling, 5 minutes walk from the Thistle shopping centre. I am open to discuss home visits for people who have great mobility problems.
Here is what clients have said about me (printed with their permission):
"Britta was always the professional , great to work with, made me feel so relaxed, easy to communicate with. Britta is a great listener and really understood me. I would definitely recommend Britta in a heartbeat." Debbie Young, Glasgow (2013)
"I began to work with Britta Schuessler last summer when I was suffering from depression and anxiety. We decided that my recurrent low mood came from old trauma and not just from a recent bereavement.
Britta offered me the opportunity to use her somatic techniques for clearing trauma and I found this to be most effective.The method is non intrusive and feels very safe as it is based on breathing and listening to the body rather than on conversation. The body goes at its own pace and is not threatened.
I found the process to be deeply relaxing as well as illuminating.
Over a surprisingly short period of time first my depression lifted and then my anxiety cleared. I can highly recommend Britta Schuessler as a therapist. " (Jenny, Glasgow February 2016)
"Britta is a wonderful (wise!) woman who helped me throughout a difficult period of anxiety and relationship issues. She puts people at ease, she is a great listener, and the best thing for me is her ability to steer conversations and pick up on what's important to help people. She is not fanatical about any particular approach - we tried different therapies and sometimes I even just went in and talked. Her experience and calm nature make her an ideal counsellor and I would heartily recommend her to anyone. " (Steven, Stirling May 2016)
I am also a life coach with several years of experience running group work on issues like:
- How to deal with your anger?
- Stress and anxiety
My next mindfulness courses will start on Saturday 29th October at 1:30 PM and on Sunday 30th October at 11 AM. Contact me, if you are interested!
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in advanced CRM, 2015
Certificate in CBT Toolkit 2014
Certificate in Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM), 2013
Certificate in Brainspotting Phase 1 & 2, 2013
Certificate in Psychotherapy and Positive Psychology, 2011
Certificate in Coaching, 2011
Diploma in Person Centred Therapy (PCT), 2005
Certificate in Bereavement Counselling 2003
Counselling Skills 2002
- Working with Guilt and Shame (Deirdre Fay) 2016
- Becoming Safely Embodied (Deirdre Fay) 2016
- Self Empowerment 2014
- Working with clients who have experienced Trauma 2014
- TRE & Somatic Experiencing (Introduction) 2013
- ASIST 2013
- Motivational Interviewing 2012
- Group Therapy Skills 2012
- Mental Health First Aid 2011
- Working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse 2010
- Support after Sudden and Violent Death 2009
- Focusing 2008
- Managing Change 2007
- Problem Solving 2007
- Working with Anger 2004
- 5 years as a bereavement counsellor for Cruse Bereavement Care Glasgow
- 2 years as a sessional counsellor in the Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice
- 7 years of work for Victim Support Glasgow
- 4 years as an alcohol counsellor for Glasgow Council on Alcohol
- 3 years as a generic counsellor for the Tom Alan Centre, Glasgow
- 25 years of Mindfulness practice
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer FREE initial assessments.
They are an opportunity for you to find out, if I am the right person for you and whether the way I work will suit you.
£45 for a talking therapy session or 1:1 coaching.
These sessions are an hour long.
£65 for 1.5 hours for body-based trauma therapy. (Have a look at Any further information for why this might be a good choice for you)
If you are unemployed, on benefits or really struggle with your finances, please talk to me, if you think you cannot afford my rates.
Body-based trauma therapy
I offer this type of therapy alternatively to the usual talking therapy, because in my experience I have found that often talking about the problems or reframing them cognitively, does not completely solve them. And sometimes it does not even seem to make any difference, no matter how well you understand what has caused your problems or what you could do differently. This is because often the underlying issue and cause for the problem is trauma. Trauma comes from Greek and literally means 'wound'. Trauma is a psychological or emotional wound that has not healed. It is encapsulated in us. Trauma cannot be resolved by talking about it, because trauma is held in the body and in parts of the brain that are not associated with language and cognitive thinking.
I use an approach that is body-based and also uses neuro-scientific understanding of our mind and brain. It is a profound approach to healing our deepest wounds. If you want to find out, if trauma might be the cause of your problems or if you would like to learn more about the approach I use, go to my website www.brittaschuesslertherapies.com.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
You can contact me any time but these are the times I can see you in person: Monday from 4 PM till 9 PM, Thursday from 11AM till 9 PM, Friday from 11 AM till 9 PM
Types of client