Brigitte Leveque, MA, Pg Cert, UKCP Registered, MSEA
0208 7489 656 / 07949 592629
For over 25 years I have worked as a psychotherapist and counsellor. I have developed a wide experience in helping people suffering from depression, anxiety, marital problems, separation, divorce, parenting difficulties, chronic illness, bereavement, the long term effect of sexual, physical & emotional abuse, dependency on prescribed medications, alcohol or drugs.
My experience was gained in various institutions including the NHS (St Georges and Springfield Hospitals), HIV/Aids and Cancer organisations offering psychotherapy, and in private practice for over 25 years. I also managed a counselling service for people with alcohol & drug dependency.
My particular area of interest is relationships - especially the many ways parents affect their children's development and how in turn this experience continue to influence them in their personal, professional and social lives - from infancy to old age.
What service do I provide?
I offer a professional psychotherapy & counselling service in English or French for individuals, couples or families who are finding their everyday lives difficult, who want to understand the sources of these difficulties, and discover the possible means of overcoming them, but find it difficult to do so on their own.
You may have problems with redundancy, physical ill-health, bereavement or other traumatic events, difficulty in parenting or with personal and family relationships. The resulting distress may be manifested in many ways, for example by:
- depression, anxiety
- confusion, anger, resentment
- difficulties at work
- dependency on alcohol or drugs
- disturbances in eating or sleeping
- problematic interpersonal relationships
- insecurity, social isolation
- a sense of personal failure
- sexual problems
How does it work?
Psychotherapy entails defining the nature of the problem, clarifying with you the nature and meaning of your past and present experience. Together we explore the problems and conflicts of your particular life situation in order to reach a shared understanding. You may have felt stuck in your ways of experiencing and relating, repeating old patterns. Psychotherapy aims to facilitate the transformation of those patterns and the discovery of new possibilities and hope for the future. It can open the way for you to discover the power to change and to develop more constructive and creative ways of coping with the complexities of living.
You may yourself hold the key to the solution of your problems. It is my task to help you find that key and use it.
Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone on 07949592629 for an initial conversation about how counselling & psychotherapy could help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master's Degree in Psychotherapy & Counselling awarded by City University.
- Post graduate Certificate in Couple and Parenting Relationships awarded by the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships
- UKCP registered
- Member of the Society for Existential Analysis
I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development seminars and conferences to expand my theoretical knowledge. My particular area of interest is relationships and their evolution/transformation through the life cycle. Reflecting this, recent seminars I attended included:
- Engaging Traumatized Clients who Avoid Attachment, Closeness & Painful Feelings - NScience
- Working with Couples: Assessment & Formulations - NScience
- Trauma-focused CBT for PTSD - British Psychological Society
- Counselling Military Couples & families: The Unseen Wound - TCCR
- Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault & the Couple - TCCR
- Neuroplasticity & Emotional Processes of the Brain - Confer
- Affairs - The Impact on the Couple Relationship - TCCR
- Attachment, Psychoanalysis and the Couple Relationship - TCCR
- Demonstrating the Value of What we do in the Consulting Room - Research Study Day - TCCR
- What is the Use of Relationships? Reflections from Infant & Adult Mirroring - TCCR
All information is treated in the strictest confidence and professional ethical standards are observed at all times. I am in regular supervision.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
Individual therapy: from £70 per session
Couple or family therapy: £80 per session
My fees reflect the level of my experience and extensive training undertaken.
Registered with major Health Insurances.
Some concessions available.
My consulting room is located half way between Hammersmith and Ravenscourt Park tube stations, less than 10 minutes away.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time and evening appointments possible until 9pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training