Brighton Therapy Centre
14 St George's Place
01273 626444 / 07910032333
Brighton Therapy Centre (BTC) is a registered charity based in central Brighton, offering a wide range of individual and group therapies. BTC is run by two co-directors, Dr Eva Coleman (counsellor and psychoanalytic psychotherapist) and Howard Edmunds (group analyst). We have a range of experienced and skilled psychologists, counsellors and psychotherapists associated with the service. We also have trainees working under supervision.
Brighton Therapy Centre offers a variety of group and individual services including Counselling, CBT, Psychology, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Art Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Music Therapy, Couples and Family Therapy, EMDR, and DBT.
We also offer group analysis and a number of theme based groups including men's and women's support groups, hearing voices group, anxiety management, anger management, shame and compassion and a depression group.
Our therapists and counsellors are LGBT friendly.
We offer free initial consultations and a sliding scale of costs for treatment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Eva Coleman, BA, MA, PHD.
MA in Psychology of Therapy and Counselling, Antioch University, London
Psychoanalytic psychotherapist, The Guild of Psychotherapists, London.
Set up Threshold Women's Counselling and became its Clinical Director between 1990 and 2000.
Private practice as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist
Psychotherapist at THE DENE medium secure hospital for women between 2001 and 20011.
Consultant to a number of local and national organisations.
Co-director of Brighton Therapy Centre from 2011.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
BTC offers free initial consultations.
Individual therapeutic services are offered on a sliding scale, from £12 with supervised students to £70 for an experienced practitioner.
Couple and Family therapy £40 to £90
Group and Themed Groups £10 to £27 per person per session.
Our services are designed to help men, women, children, couples and families in Brighton, Hove and surrounding areas, who have mild, moderate or severe, emotional difficulties or mental health problems. We also offer services for people who have been diagnosed with personality disorder.
- Mindfulness Based Therapy - 8 week course - this course has been so successful that it now runs several times a year. Contact us if you are interested in attending this.
- Low cost counselling available with supervised students.
- DBT programme appropriate for people who have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Art therapy for children, adolescents and adults.
- Couple and family therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Office hours 9:30am-3pm