Ready for Change?
Sometimes life's journey finds us standing at a crossroads without direction. Let me help you find the way ahead!
As an integrative therapist I provide a safe, confidential, therapeutic environment conducive to growth and change where you can express yourself honestly without fear of reproach or judgement.
This acceptance honesty and understanding allows you to delve deeper into yourself, where you can ask yourself: “If this counsellor can accept me, why can’t I?”
The ultimate goal of therapy is therefore self-acceptance where you can experience life to the full.
I believe that all therapy should be structured in such a way as to maximise client insight into the cause of their behaviour.
This helps with ongoing assessment by providing evidence of how the historical setting has contributed to the present problems.
Berne (1966) says "we can heal the past in the present in order to assure the future."
I hope as we journey together that I can help you gain insight which can in turn help you identify problems, unused opportunities and resources.
As an integrative counsellor I am afforded the flexibility to tailor therapy to client needs. This is a fluid process of identifying and understanding these needs, reflection upon best fit theoretical application and evaluation.
With this in mind, I will ask you initially;
“What is it that you want from therapy? What is the goal?”
Our initial session together will be an assessment session, where we will decide if we can work together. Should this be agreed, a contract of six sessions would usually be offered, followed by a review of our work together. If appropriate an extended contract will then be offered.
This means that we will both commit to ongoing therapy until you feel that the work is complete.
My hours are from 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday but I will upon request arrange after hours or weekend sessions to suit client needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc in counselling studies (commendation)
- Level 4 Certificate in counselling studies (distinction)
- Child Protection
- Mental health first aid training
- Kids, alcohol and sexual health training
- Bereavement workshop
- The wisdom of the body - psychodynamic workshop
- Addressing issues of anxiety - psychodynamic workshop
- The concept of self- psychodynamic workshop
- Sexual abuse workshop - nexus
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£40 per hourly session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client