Bogumila Malinowska MA, MBACP registerd
105 Stroud Green Road
My name is Bogumila.I am BACP registered therapist/counsellor. My additional background is zen teaching. I am authorised as a zen teacher.I am open-minded non-judgmental,intuitive and highly empathetic.
I am an active listener with ability to choose a right and the best techniques in order to help my clients to live their life successfully.
I assist my clients with their concerns,plans, with their feelings of being stuck and worries.I hold private practice sector experience as a therapist .
My focus is stress, driving tests failure and other life's stress related issues,anxiety, panic attacks, self-harm relationships and work problems,depression, eating disorders and body image,self esteem,addictions to alcohol, drugs,sex,gambling addiction, behavioural problems,obsessions anger,anxiety,loses,long term health conditions and illnes,empthy nest experiences,exsitential and developing and life stages dilemas,mental health problems,sexuality, sexual abuse and after rape support, support for non-abusive familes and carers of sexually abused children and the specific challenges experienced by men and women.I work in short and long terms.
What to expect ?
An initial appointment enables you to discover if you feel comfortable with me , discuss what worries you, ask questions , clarified confidentiality , determine if therapy may assist you.
Training, qualifications & experience
2014 - 2016 BACP accredited Counselling Foundation Degree, Middlesex University2013 - 2014 Counselling Skills level 2, The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
- 2012 - 2013 Introduction to Counselling Skills, London City Lit College
- 2008 - 2009 Kwan Um School of Zen teaching authorisation, Berlin/Warsaw
- 2008 - 2009 IVAC Voluntary Organisation Management Certificate, London
- 2000 - 2003 Further Teaching Diploma Degree, Poland
- 1979 - 1988 Master Degree in Teaching and Pedagogical Studies, Poland
2017 Mosac-working with non-abusive parents and people who are related to the sexually abused children and young people/40 hours
- 2015 Workshop about working with LGBTQ people at Westminster Drug Project
- 2015 The City and East London Bereavement Service - training
- 2014 – present Introductory Workshop for new Counsellors, Place2Be, London
- 2013 Child Protection Certificate Course, London
- 2012 Challenging behaviour therapy for young people, London
- 2009 Charity Management Course, RSAC, London
- 2009 Certificate in Personal Coaching, London Coaching Academy
- 2017 Supervisor/Mentor of forensic psychology' student at Higher School of Psychology, Dolnoslaska Wyzsza Szkola
- 2017-mentor and member of the Council of international Kwan Um School of zen , teachers' educator and social media ethical supervisor
- 2015 -until present Counsellor volunteer at age.uk. elderly people with trauma, DV, dementia and mental health problems
- Age -uk Group therapy
- 2015 Counsellor at Westminster Drug Project
- 2015 Counsellor at Six Form Bales College with young people
- 2009 - present Zen Teacher Dharma Master/Authorised with koans Kwan Um School of Zen, London, Berlin, Seoul, Boston
- 2003 – 2006 Founder of the London Zen Centre, London
- 2003 Centre for people with alcohol and drug-related problems, Pila, Poland
- 2000 – 2003 Polish Language Teacher, Pila, Poland
- 1986 – 2000 Manager of an after school youth club, Pila, Poland - working with young people with challenging behaviour
- 1987 – 1989 Trainee Therapist, Rehabilitation Centre for people with an alcohol addiction,Poland
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My way of self development,my personality , the way I work and my zen background help you to feel comfort,to open up much easier ,to feel trust and confidence while being in the counselling room.
It will help you to go through your experiences,to make sense of your all experiences and to use all you life's sorces and experiences to build up joyful , fullfiled and meaningful life rather then feelings of lose , gulit , worthlessnes , meaningless.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
Photos & videos
Payment will be at the end of each session. In the case of changed circumstances or hardship, the fee can be discussed and reviewed. I also perform an annual review of fees and will give you advanced notice of any change in the fee. Skype counselling is available for clients outside London and the country.
The most likely payment is £35/£55 - 50-minutes session depends on the counselling place where I will counsel you which can be in North, South, or Central London as well as on your income. If you would like counselling a few times a week, this could be arranged at a lower price. Couple counselling £70/£90 - 50 minutes.
Counselling centres on listening to you, and assisting you.
You determine which issue regarding your childhood and/or adulthood you discuss.
An objective of counselling is to help you to talk about a difficulty and discover a way forward that is appropriate for you.It will you help to change old patterns and to focus on your goals in order to experience success and satisfaction in all different areas of your life.
It will let your life be joyful and meaningful.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Polish, Slovak / Russian (understood)|
I am available most days as long as I know in advance. I can work in the mornings and day-time as well as evenings. 8pm is the last appointment.I do counsel in North,South andCentral London.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|