Bill Huxley MNCS (Accred). MACC.
The Old Chapel
11 Prospect Place
I am a professional Counsellor with a broad life background that has enriched my empathetic reach to clients.I work with a wide range of issues my specialty is Trauma & Complex Anxiety. I would love you to read my full profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked 10 years at private practice and agency level. I have a Diploma in Integrative Counselling and extensive training. My experience includes dealing with male and female clients with complex trauma with survivors of abuse; Eating disorders, depression, addiction, relationship difficulties and a wide range of mental health/life issues.
As well a qualifying as a counsellor I qualified and was accredited as a Life and Executive Coach.
I am proud to have worked with some wonderful clients who have been on the edge of society with backgrounds of addiction and a range of abuse history whose life journey had led them to a place of fear and uncertainty.
I am an advocate of women’s issues and worked with survivors of domestic violence and rape. I am challenged by working with women enabling them to find safety in male relationships through the therapeutic relationship of counselling.
Special Interests: People, Spirituality, Faith, Business, Ethics and Sustainability, Mental Health, Business Development, Poverty, Charity and Social Enterprise. I am the Chair of Trustees of People against Poverty; Founder Director of Business against Poverty.
- CPCAB Extended Diploma in 'Integrative Counselling'
- Certificate 'Emotional Freedom Techniques' (IFT) Practioner
- Cerificate 'NLP' Practioner
- cerificate part 1 Lifespan Intergration.
Destiny Life Counselling
- Life Span Integration
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Integrated Person Centred Therapy
- Life Coaching Practice and skills
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dissociated Identity Disorder
- Trauma Dialogues
- Depression and Suicidality
- Bereavement and loss
- Emotional Freedom Therapy
- Dream therapy
- Recognising and Assessing mental disturbance
- When shame gets in the way.-mind body Approach
- Eating Disorders
- Attachment Theory
- Mindfulness Practice
- Sand Play Therapy
- Exploring Borderline Personality Disorder
- Neuro Science & Trauma
- Continuity in being and a sense of self
- Spiritual dimensions in Person Centred Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
£45 per 60 min session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am avalable Monday -Thursday 9.0 am to 5pm Devizes Friday 9.0-3.0 pm Swindon.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|