Beverley Brough (MBACP)
07732 465088 / 07732 465088
I am a qualified experienced Integrative Counsellor with a special interest in working with young people aged 11 to 25 years old. I work as a counsellor in 2 Berkshire secondary schools and have been counselling at a youth charity for the past 4 years. Another area I am interested in is bereavement and loss, which can be death, divorce, identity, pets, relationships, homes, empty nest syndrome and whatever you may feel you have lost.
My work is confidential and I work from a discreet location in a garden studio with good parking facilities. I also work voluntarily for a Bereavement charity.
I am a registered member of The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and adhere strictly to their Ethical Framework, maintaining safe and ethical practice. I attend monthly clinical supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling QCF
- NCFE Level 3 Award in counselling skills and Theory
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Helping Skills
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists Certificate of Proficiency
I am committed to Continual Professional Development and have attended the following certified training:
YOUNG PEOPLE (11-25)
- Eating Disorders and Self Harm
- Anger and the Silent Teen
- Young People and the Meaning of Self Esteem
- Shame and Self Harm
- ADHD Autism and Learning Difficulties in practice
- CRUSE Awareness in Bereavement Care including Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Safeguarding certificate regularly updated
- Working with Chronically Depressed Patients
- Working with Male and Female Victims of Domestic Violence
- Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Understanding Trauma PTSD
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy introduction
I hold an up to date Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- £35.00 per hour for adults
- £25 per 50 minutes for under 21 year olds
Our first session is charged at £25 and will be for 50 minutes. Fees will be reviewed annually, as I work from home I am able to keep my costs a little lower.
I am happy to be contacted by email (as above), by text message on 07732 465088, or you can phone me Monday to Friday. Please let me know when it is convenient to reply and whether you can accept return text messages and emails in order that I may respect your confidentiality.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client