Beverley Bond MBACP Dip Therapeutic Counselling, Dip Child & Adolescent Therapy
Call, Email or Text / 07702797114
As a professional counsellor, I view my role as an objective observer; informed by Psycho-dynamic theory and a relational approach to practice.
Careful and considered thought is applied to feelings, thoughts, and relationships with both self and others. As the therapeutic relationship develops, meaning is applied and links drawn between the past and the present.
In my experience, it is the therapeutic relationship which is considered fundamental to the counselling process. When two people agree to contribute to insight and growth the potential for change is advanced.
Choosing the right counsellor who meets your needs is essential. Often, making the first contact can be the hardest part.
During our first session, we will spend time considering your present concerns, your expectations and how counselling might help. There will be opportunity to ask questions about me and my commitment to safe, ethical practice. As part of the first session, we will explore the option of short term work (usually 6-12 sessions) or we may decide on an open-ended approach.
Short-term work can be helpful in addressing a specific, intermittent problem as the limited time frame can provide focus. It can also be a useful first step into therapy. Open ended work is wide-ranging offering the possibility of in-depth exploration.
Commitment to Professional Practice
It may be reassuring to know that I work within good practice standards as a Registered Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
As a registered member of the BACP, I have taken a Certificate of Proficiency, and agreed to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Register. For further information, see www.bacp.co.uk.
I hold appropriate Insurance, access Clinical Supervision and advance my skills and knowledge through Continuous Professional Development.
The 'Counselling Room'
I practice from the 'Counselling Room'; a contained, confidential 'space' for your expression.
Located in a discreet location within proximity to Robin Hood Airport; the 'Counselling Room' is accessible from the Great Yorkshire Way and major link roads to and from Bawtry, Doncaster, Retford, Rotherham and Sheffield.
Free parking and accessible links to public transport are available.
My practice affords me flexibility to offer a range of appointments including weekends. For more information, please feel free to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a registered member of the BACP; I have made a commitment to work within professional and ethical standards for good counselling practice.
Qualifications and Training
- Diploma: Therapeutic Counselling (Psychodynamic and Reflective Theory/Practice)
- Diploma: Counselling Children & Adolescents
- Degree: BA Hon's Law and Business
- Northern School of Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy: Growing Minds: Child Sexual Exploitation Study.
- Northern School of Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy: Infant Mental Health and Early Intervention with Under Threes and their Parents
- Zoe Loderick: Sexualised Trauma
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors: Child Sexual Abuse
- VIDA: Doing No Further Harm - Domestic Abuse
- Mental Health Studies
- CRUSE Bereavement Care: Loss and Bereavement Awareness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Counselling Session Fee
First session £20.
Adults £39 per therapeutic hour.
Children & Young People/Students: £30 per therapeutic hour.
*Concessions are available; please contact me for further details.
Appointments are available within the following times:
- Thursday 10 am to 7:30 pm
- Friday 10 am to 8:30 pm
- Saturday 9 am to 7 pm.
Please feel free to contact me by e-mail:
email@example.com to explore availability.
*Please check your SPAM/JUNK email for replies.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Professional Indemnity Insurance for counselling practice
- Registered member of the Information Commissioner's Office.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursday: 09:00 - 17:00 Friday: 09:00 - 20:30 Saturday: 09:00-19:00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|