2 Sixth Avenue
Call, Email or Text where required / 07702797114
I am a qualified counsellor and registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) www.bacp.co.uk.
As a professional counsellor, I view my role as an objective observer; informed by Psycho-dynamic theory and a relational approach to practice.
Careful and considered thought is given to feelings, thoughts, and relationships with self and others. As the therapeutic relationship develops, meaning is applied and links drawn between the past and the present.
Counselling is not something that is 'done to you', it is a two-person process.
In my experience, it is the therapeutic relationship which is considered as fundamental to the process of change.
It is my belief that when two people agree to mutually contribute to insight and growth; the potential for change is advanced.
Whether it's a short-term or open-ended counselling that you are looking for; I aim to offer a safe and contained therapeutic encounter.
The 'Counselling Room'
I practice from the 'Counselling Room'; a contained, confidential 'space' for your expression.
Located in a discreet location within proximity to the Robin Hood Airport; the 'Counselling Room' is accessible from the Great Yorkshire Way and major link roads including, Bawtry Road.
Free parking and accessible links to public transport are available.
The therapeutic relationship starts from the very first contact. To facilitate its development, I offer a free, 30 minute counselling assessment.
The purpose of this is so we can meet each other and take the time to reflect upon how this new, therapeutic relationship may feature.
Please feel free to contact me by e-mail with any questions you may have. I will aim to return to you within 24 hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a registered member of the BACP; I have made a commitment to work within professional and ethical standards for good counselling practice.
Qualifications and Training
- Diploma: Therapeutic Counselling (Psychodynamic and Reflective Theory/Practice)
- Diploma: Counselling Children & Adolescents
- Degree: BA Hon's Law and Business
- Northern School of Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy: Infant Mental Health and Early Intervention with Under Threes and their Parents
- Zoe Loderick: Sexualised Trauma
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors: Child Sexual Abuse
- VIDA: Doing No Further Harm - Domestic Abuse
- Mental Health Studies
- CRUSE Bereavement Care: Loss and Bereavement Awareness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Child Sexual Exploitation
- FREE Initial 30 minute meeting.
Counselling Session Fee
- £40 per therapeutic hour.
*Concessions are available; please contact me for further details.
Appointments are available:
- Thursday, Friday weekdays.
Please feel free to contact me by e-mail: email@example.com to discuss availability.
As a professional member of the BACP, I maintain appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance for counselling practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursday & Friday 09:00 - 17:00 Saturday: 09:00-19:00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|