Becky Willoughby MBACP Integrative Counsellor Child and Family Counselling
Willow Therapy Tring
110 High Street Tring
01442 461925 / 07979814007
I place great emphasis upon a good therapeutic relationship between both practitioner and client as the main basis of our sessions together. Trust, honesty and congruence being key components.
Drawing on years of experience working with adults and children in many varied settings, I feel I can offer you a safe space that can allow you to process your inner thoughts and make sense of feelings and emotions that can arise. I work with children and adults covering many areas such as low self esteem, social anxiety, eating disorders along with working with children and parents managing behavioural issues that can often arise.
I am also experienced in working with relationship breakdowns, bereavement and loss covering a range of emotions that can often allow people to feel stuck within themselves or a situation.
Working within an integrative model means that I draw on many modalities to support you.
I work in a person centred way drawing on TA, CBT, mindfulness and psychotherapeutic models if agreed throughout therapy. These are all ways of working that we can explore together and agree on before moving forward within therapy revisiting as we work.
Being presented with the right tools at the right time can often facilitate a move forward or a shift in perception. Simply being heard can often be a powerful tool within therapy.
Working within a comfortable holistic non clinical setting I also use creative therapy when appropriate and agreed upon, always working at a pace that you feel comfortable with.
Training, qualifications & experience
I started out as a complementary therapist 15 years ago moving into teaching therapies and then onto counselling. I have experience working within hospice settings with terminal illness, NHS settings and secondary schools.
I have since added family counselling. Couples and parent support. Working now with families, adults, teenagers and young children.
I work on a one to one basis, I also offer parent and child sessions, family group work, and work one to one with a wide range of ages to support individuals and the family.
- Anxiety in children and young people. CAMHS.
- Ptsd. Children and trauma
- Pods training. Dissasociation and personality disorders.
- Sand play creative play. The Open Toybox.
- Eating Disorder annual CPD. Beat organisation.
- Adlerian Family counselling. Bucks Adlerian society
- Attachment Theory and Family Dynamics.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling. Aylesbury college
- Therapies with Cancer patients: Mount Vernon Centre
- Cancer and its Treatments: Mount Vernon Centre
- Mindfulness in Practise: The Hospice of St Francis
- Health and Safety awareness: Youth services Buckinghamshire County Council
- Data Protection Training: Connexions Service
- Working together and Holding the Difference: BACP children and young people
- Working with the impact of Parental Conflict on Children and Young People’s Mental Health: CAMHS
- Bereavement supporter: Iainne Rennie Hospice
- Diploma in holistic and Clinical Aromatherapy: Tisserand Institute
- Young Children and Babies Developmental course: NCMA
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer support to parents/carers of young children with a range of issues. I work closely with parents offering parent support utelising Adlerian theory.
The areas we cover in sessions with some of the creative play can be related to issues presented within the school setting as well as problems within the family home such as fears, anxiety, attachment issues, sleep problems and eating problems to name a few.
I work with teens and young adults experiencing difficulties on many levels.
I work closely with parents going through relationship breakdown and also offer sessions to single parents and children to look at strengthening communication.
There is a designated waiting area outside the therapy room for parents to remain on the premises if they so wish.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- An initial Free 20 minutes is offered to meet and see the space we can work from. This is to establish if we are able to work together and look at your needs.
- Initial assesment session: £60.00 for 1hr 20.
- Adult sessions: £50.00 for 1hr
- Child sessions: £50.00 for 1hr
(20% discount is available for a limited number of students training to become counsellors).
- Joint Parenting session: £60.00 1hr
- Parent and child session: £60.00 1hr
- Couples Therapy sessions: £60.00 - £75.00
- Family Therapy sessions: £60.00 - £90.00
- I have limited designated concessionary places available for those unable to access counselling due to financial restraints. please call to enquire.
- Limited low cost counselling is available with student counsellors on placement in their final year at Willow.
- Willow also has additional qualified counsellors able to offer sessions on site.
I work within a period Victorian house set on the edge of Tring High Street.
Willow Therapy is situated on the second floor alongside other independent practitioners.
The room is tucked away off the main High Street offering anonymity but conveniently located for ease of access via bus train and car with ample parking in the nearby car park or off road parking.
My room is a holistic setting and provides a space for therapy that is gentle and holding with plenty of creative play if needed.
Please feel free to visit my Website or Facebook page for any further information or testimonies on sessions with me at Willow Therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Willow now has additional counsellors on board to support client work. Sessions available throughout summr holiday period for children in transition going to new schools in September.
Types of client