Becky Willoughby MBACP Integrative Counsellor Child and Family Counselling
Willow Therapy Tring
110 High Street Tring
01442 461925 / 07979814007
I place great emphasis upon a good therapeutic relationship between both practitioner and client as the main basis of our sessions together. Trust, honesty and congruence being key components.
Drawing on years of experience working with adults and children in many varied settings, I feel I can offer you a safe space that can allow you to process your inner thoughts and make sense of feelings and emotions that can arise. I work with children and adults covering many areas such as low self esteem, social anxiety, eating disorders along with working with children and parents managing behavioural issues that can often arise.
I am also experienced in working with relationship breakdowns, bereavement and loss covering a range of emotions that can often allow people to feel stuck within themselves or a situation.
Working within an integrative model means that I draw on many modalities to support you.
I work in a person centred way drawing on TA, CBT, mindfulness and psychotherapeutic models if agreed throughout therapy. These are all ways of working that we can explore together and agree on before moving forward within therapy revisiting as we work.
Being presented with the right tools at the right time can often facilitate a move forward or a shift in perception. Simply being heard can often be a powerful tool within therapy.
Working within a comfortable holistic non clinical setting I also use creative therapy when appropriate and agreed upon, always working at a pace that you feel comfortable with.
Training, qualifications & experience
I started out as a complementary therapist 14 years ago moving into teaching therapies and then onto counselling. I have experience working within hospice settings with terminal illness, NHS settings and secondary schools.
I have since added family counselling and now work with families, adults, teenagers and young children.
I work on a one to one basis, I also offer family group work, and am a group facilitator of support groups at Willow.
- Sand play creative play. Open Toybox training.
- Eating Disorder annual CPD. Beat organisation.
- Adlerian Family counselling. Bucks Adlerian society
- Attachment Theory and Family Dynamics.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling. Aylesbury college
- Therapies with Cancer patients: Mount Vernon Centre
- Cancer and its Treatments: Mount Vernon Centre
- Mindfulness in Practise: The Hospice of St Francis
- Health and Safety awareness: Youth services Buckinghamshire County Council
- Data Protection Training: Connexions Service
- Working together and Holding the Difference: BACP children and young people
- Working with the impact of Parental Conflict on Children and Young People’s Mental Health: CAMHS
- Bereavement supporter: Iainne Rennie Hospice
- Diploma in holistic and Clinical Aromatherapy: Tisserand Institute
- Young Children and Babies Developmental course: NCMA
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer support to parents/carers of young children aged 5 years and upwards.
The areas we cover in sessions with creative play can be related to issues presented within the pre school setting and schools as well as problems within the family home such as fears, anxiety, attachment issues, sleep problems and eating problems to name a few.
I work with teens and young adults experiencing difficulties on many levels.
I work closely with parents going through relationship breakdown and also offer sessions to single parents and children to look at strengthening communication.
When working with young children the parent remains present throughout and we work as a team in order to support the child and parent/carer.
There is a designated waiting area outside the therapy room for parents to remain on the premises.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- Individual counselling sessions are priced at £50.00 per 1 hour session.
(20% discount is applied to child sessions and students training to become counsellors).
- Parenting session. £50.00 when working in line with children's sessions.
- Couples Therapy sessions are £60.00 - £75.00
- Family sessions are £75.00 per 1hour 30.
- I have limited designated concessionary places available for those unable to access counselling due to financial restraints. please call to enquire.
- Low cost counselling is available with student counsellors on placement in their final year at Willow.
- I offer a free 30 minute meeting session.There is no obligation to commit to therapy.This session is for us both to decide if we are able to work together meet one another and view the space used for sessions.
- Willow also has additional qualified counsellors able to offer sessions on site.
- Willow has an outreach team of support available for clients needing educational one to one support.
I work within a period Victorian house set on the edge of Tring High Street.
Willow Therapy is situated on the second floor alongside other independent practitioners.
The room is tucked away off the main High Street offering anonymity but conveniently located for ease of access via bus train and car with ample parking in the nearby car park or off road parking.
My room is a holistic setting and provides a space for therapy that is gentle and holding with plenty of creative play if needed.
Please feel free to visit my Website or Facebook page for any further information or testimonies on sessions with me at Willow Therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Willow now has additional counsellors on board to support client work. Sessions available throughout summr holiday period for children in transition going to new schools in September.
Types of client