Barefoot Mindfulness Co
Officers Quarters 1, 2 & 4
Crownhill Fort Road
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
SATURDAY MORNING OF MINDFULNESS 16th July, 10am - 12.30 and 20th August 2016.
8-WEEK MINDFULNESS SKILLS PROGRAMME FOR TEENS STARTS 13th Sept, 4.00pm-5.30pm
8 WEEK MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION COURSE STARTS MON 3rd OCT, 7pm-9pm
Book your place online - www.barefootmindfulness.co.uk
Mindfulness based approaches are now widely used in therapeutic approaches to enable people to reduce stress and anxiety.It can help with low mood, lack of motivation and pain and illness. It is recommended by NICE guidelines as a suitable treatment for depression and anxiety.
It provides people with practical techniques to integrate mindfulness into everyday life. It is a simple approach to teach you how to pay more attention to the moment, rather than worrying about the past or the future. Learning and practicing mindfulness can help you to recognise habitual ways of responding to every day events. Practicing mindfulness can improve your experience by changing how you relate to thoughts and feelings.
It can improve the quality of your life and help you to appreciate the good things in your life. Put simply, mindfulness is all about managing your mind. Everyone can learn mindfulness and gain something valuable from it.
Our mindfulness courses for individuals, couples and businesses are tailored specifically to give you the tools to deal with the issues that might be impacting your life more effectively. Stressful events are part of life, but the way in which we cope with these events decides whether we feel ruled by these events. How we respond can influence whether the stress becomes hard to handle and whether other unhelpful ways of behaving come into play.
As we become more aware of our feelings, body sensations and thoughts, we can find we have more choice about how to handle the stressful situation and we can free ourselves from less helpful habitual ways of behaving.
Our Mindfulness Courses can help you develop greater self-awareness, calmness and the ability to focus and become creatively active generally.
THE BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS
- It lowers stress, literally
- It can help you sleep better
- It can help you regulate emotion
- Promote well-being
- it lowers the risk of depression
- It can help you develop self awareness
- Reduce ruminating thoughts
- It brings people together
- It can support personal relationships
Our mindfulness practitioners have over 40 years of collective experience teaching mindfulness. We have all trained at the Bagnor University which is the leading training body in mindfulness teacher trainer. Our 8 week courses provide the pre-requisite to the teacher training qualification if you are looking to train professionally in this field..
MINDFULNESS could be referred as...''YOUR INNER APP FOR EVERY OCCASION".
'Mindfulness can help us thrive and survive, both as individuals and as human beings on this earth together'. Thich Nhat Hanh
'I thoroughly enjoyed the course, not something I have ever done before, always thought it wasn't for me, but embraced and enjoyed it. I definitely think about myself more, about keeping myself in a good place and taking time to be mindful. I feel more grounded and calm.'
'The whole course was useful....I have been amazed at how a seemingly 'simple' course can have such dramatic effects'. KM Mar 2015
'I feel that i now have some tools to feel more control in my life'. ST Mar 2015
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualification and Experience
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
- Registered (MBACP)
- Master in Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Teacher Training in mindfulness-based approaches - Bangor University
- Specialist Teacher Training in Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for cancer
- Teacher Training in mindfulness approaches for teenager (.b)
- Certificate in Education
- Certificate in Supervision
- Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Teacher Training in Mindfulness skills programmes for teens
- Listed on UK network for mindfulness-based teacher training organisations
- During the past fifteen years, I have worked with individuals, young people, couples, families, and groups. I am trained in core process psychotherapy, a mindfulness-based approach that draws both from Western psychotherapist models and the wisdom and wisdom compassion of Eastern psychology. I am also trained in family therapy and systemic practice which is the red approach for working with couples and families.
- I have been teaching mindfulness for many years and provide mindfulness training to teens. adults and organisations.
'The overall tenor of mindfulness is gentle, appreciative and nurturing. Another way to think of it would be heartfeltness' Jon Kabit Zinn
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
Photos & videos
£50 Individual mindfulness based psychotherapy.
£50 Mindfulness based supervision
£60 Mindfulness-based couples therapy
£195.00 - 8 week mindfulness course which includes a practice CD, workbook and one Saturday morning of mindfulness.
Sat Mornings of mindfulness - £15.00 per person
Next dates 16th July, 20th Aug - 10.00 - 12.30.
MINDFULNESS IN THE WORKPLACE
BAREFOOT MINDFULNESS offers a full range of mindfulness courses, workshops, introductory sessions, individual and couples counselling, all tailored to meet your meet organisation's needs. Our workplace mindfulness training will not only help your teams and managers deal better with the inevitable challenges in the work place, but also assist your organisation increase productivity, reduce employee absence, staff turnover and interpersonal conflicts.
For more information contact the Director, Julie Jeffs 07966003872
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
New courses start Monday 3rd Oct 2016, 7pm-9pm
Types of client