Barbara Wilkinson MBACP (Accred)
01332 863984 / 07947 105392
It’s Time For You
I offer a safe, non-judgemental, supportive space for you to explore issues and concerns, feel heard and understood and help you make the changes you want.
You may wish to focus on issues such as:
- Loss and disability
- Health Issues
- Rehabilitation & recovery
- Confidence and independence
- Anger, stress & anxiety
- Business/work related stress.
Different people find different therapies helpful.
I encourage choice and participation in decisions about your counselling and offer a range of approaches to suit your preferred way of working.
The importance of an open and honest relationship which is sensitive to your individual needs and pace. This may help you to:
- Recognise your own resources and find your own answers
- Cope better in difficult situations
- Gain a better understanding of yourself and others
- Find new ways of seeing, living and relating
- Find ways forward and make decisions.
As a dual trained speech and language therapist/counsellor, I offer specialist counselling to people with speech and communication difficulties, and can provide support to people with conditions such as:
- Autism Spectrum
- Difficulties with Communication & Social Interaction & Imagination.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Creative & Expressive Therapies
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Fully Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist Status.
Speech and language Therapy Qualifications:
- BA (Hons) in Applied Language
- MSC in Clinical Communication Studies.
Central to my work is a commitment to:
- Updating my skills and knowledge on a continual basis
- Receiving regular professional supervision
- Working within the Ethical Framework for Good Practice of BACP.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have specialist knowledge in disability as well as speech and communication difficulties.
An hours session costs £45.
I offer a free consultation of 30 minutes. An opportunity for us to meet and talk through your needs and see if counselling would be helpful. There's no obligation to continue.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|