Barbara Paczkowska MSc CBT, (BSc Hons) in Psychology (BABCP Accredited)
59-60 Thames St
Are you looking for an experienced, trustworthy and effective therapist? Not sure whether counselling is for you?
I am an experienced therapist, having worked in both the NHS and privately. I work with people facing all number of issues such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues and work stress.
I provide a safe and relaxed space where we can work together to explore and reflect on your difficulties within an empathic therapeutic relationship. As we are all unique no one type of therapy 'fits' all and I therefore integrate the therapeutic models in which I have been trained to meet your particular individual needs. I have been trained in CBT, and I am fully qualified in EMDR working towards accreditation.
Training, qualifications & experience
Iam a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist with a Masters Level degree in CBT (MSc CBT) which I received at the Department of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Buckinghamshire University, accredited by the British Association for Cognitive Behavioural and Psychotherapy (BABCP), an Honours Degree in Psychology (BSc Hons) completed at the University of London (BSc Hons).
I am also fully qualified in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Currently working towards accreditation.
I am fully accredited member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP) and honorary member of The British Psychological Society( BPS .
I am deepening my knowledge by participating in numerous training courses and seminars organized by the world's top specialists. My clinical practice is subject to continuous evaluation and supervision.
I run Cognitive Behavioural and Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy practice in Windsor, Berkshire.
Along with my private practice, I am also working for the National Health Service (NHS) as a Cognitive-Behavioural Therapist and Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing therapist treating mental health problems.
I provide individual therapy sessions and specialize in the treatment of adults suffering from depression and mood disturbance, anxiety disorders (social phobia, specific phobias), obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorders, Autism and Asperger’s syndrome.My main interest is in working with patients who have experienced trauma (PTSD).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Therapeutic sessions:
- The treatment provided is Cognitive – Behavioural or EMDR Therapy
- Each session lasts 50 minutes.
- The first half hour of the initial consultation is free. During the phone consultation I am happy to answer any questions.
- After consultation, during the first therapeutic session we will talk about problems you encounter and we will make decisions about further treatment.
- The first therapy session does not oblige you to arrange a further meeting.
- The fee for each therapeutic encounter is starting from £60-£80 per hour depending of the day and time of the session.Weekend and evenings sessions are more expensive.The fee includes all administration and room charges. This can be paid by cash or bank transfer.
- Sessions can be cancelled with no charge until 24 hours before the appointed visit, otherwise the full fee for the session will be charged.
- I offer discounts and the price can be negotiated for therapy that will require more than 10 therapy sessions.
Approved to take payment from Norwich Union / Aviva Health Insurance, AXA PPP Healthcare and Pruhealth Customers
- I specialized in treatment of recurrent episodic, enduring depression, and individuals on the Autistic Spectrum with Asperger's Syndrome.
Home Visit - Available
On line Psychotherapy is available through the following medium:
Please contact me for more information on how this will work.
I have full liability insurance for my practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision for either trainee or qualified CBT therapists.View supervision profile