Dr Barbara McReddie, Chartered Psychologist
Park View Medical Clinic
276 Marton Road
The Wellness Centre
279 High Street
01609 779927 / 0796 499 9792
Hello. I am a qualified and experienced Counselling Psychologist working within the NHS and private practice. I aim to provide a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space in which to explore your concerns. My therapeutic approach is tailored to your needs and involves more than just listening. I am friendly and approachable and will work with you to help you overcome the difficulties which you are facing.
I have a wide range of experience across a number of sectors, including working for charities, Occupational Health Departments in large organisations including the NHS, in private companies and in GP surgeries. I am Chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and my practice is therefore evidence based, up to date and conforms to clear ethical standards.
I have experience in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of issues. I work both short term and long term. My training and experience includes CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), psychodynamic and humanistic therapies; I also use Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. I am trained In EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) which I use in work with trauma issues - for example, psychological trauma resulting from road traffic accidents, abuse/ neglect, post traumatic stress disorder, etc.
I also have special interests in a number of issues including work related stress, self esteem, OCD, relationship difficulties, anger, domestic abuse, anxiety, depression and bereavement.
Training, qualifications & experience
In addition to private practice, I continue to work in primary care and in workplace settings.
I have significant experience in the assessment and treatment of a full range of mental health issues and have worked with adults, adolescents and children.
My qualifications are:
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- BA (Hons) Psychology
- BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Re-processing Accredited Training
- Certificate in Counselling
- MA in Industrial Relations
- Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development
- Post-graduate Diploma in Personnel and Development
- BPS Expert Witness Training (Parts 1,2,3,4)
- Teaching clients to use Mindfulness skills
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
All treatment begins with an assessment. As it is so important that you feel confident that we can work well together, the first assessment session is offered at a reduced price. This first session will last 60 minutes and will cost £40.
Subsequent sessions will last 60 minutes and cost £60.
I offer a limited number of reduced fee sessions. Please ask about these at the initial consultation.
Reduced rates are also available for trainee personal therapy and supervision.
I am an approved provider with insurance companies including AVIVA and AXA PPP Healthcare.
I also offer therapy by Skype.
I worked for many years as a senior manager in both HR and general management across the public and private sectors. I work with organisations in the development of services, bespoke training and through employee assistance programmes. I'm a member of the BPS Special Interest Group in Coaching Psychology. Please contact me if you would like to discuss how I can help your organisation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments are available weekdays, evenings and Saturday morning.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I hold a BPS approved certificate in Clinical Supervision and provide individual and group supervision to student and qualified counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists.View supervision profile