24 St Matthew's Close
I am a MBACP (Accredited) Counsellor.
I use a variety of counselling methodologies which are catered to the individual needs of the client. I believe in creating a confidential and safe environment which enables clients to explore their issues.
I am able to offer face-to-face as well as telephone counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have had 20 years of counselling experience working with clients in a short and long term way. This has included working for counselling agencies within the voluntary sector, EAP companies, private practice and as a counsellor in an employee support and counselling team in a business company.
My qualifications include:
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling accredited by Westminster Pastoral Foundation (1996)
- Post-Qualifying Diploma in Child & Adolescent Counselling (2004)
- Certificate in Post-Adoption & Therapeutic Skills (2000)
- Approved Counsellor with Barnardo's Adoption Agency (2009)
- Telephone Counselling Skills (2002)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2009)
- Graduate Certificate in Supervision (awarded by Leicester University in October 2011).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
My normal fee per hourly counselling session is £30. An initial assessment session which is necessary for all clients is £35.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays: 1pm-8pm Wednesdays: 9.30am-8pm Thursdays: 9.30am-4pm and 6pm-8pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|