Barbara Hart MA, MBACP(Snr. Accred)
8 Mill Grove
Sometimes life's challenges can be difficult and also seem overwhelming. At such times, there can be great benefit in talking to a professional who has the training, expertise and experience to help you. I offer a safe and confidential space in which to explore life's difficulties and to also develop healthy coping skills and strategies to aid in the process of change or healing.
I am experienced in working with:
- Body Image
- Eating Disorders - Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge-Eating
- Low self confidence/self esteem
- Obesity and Weight Management Issues
- Relationship issues
- Weight Management
- Work Related Stress
I am a Senior Accredited Member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I subscribe to their Code of Ethics and act in accordance with their Code of Practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working as Counsellor & Psychotherapist since 2003 in private practice and currently with The Priory Hospital as an Eating Disorders Therapist. I have also worked in organisations such as Mind, Employee Assisted Programmes, Private Health organisations, various NHS settings and MoreLife (Weight Management Service).
My qualifications are as follows:-
- Masters in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Mindfulness
- Foundation in Mindfulness
- Advanced Diploma in Hypno-Analysis
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in the Legacy of Childhood Trauma
- Mindful Eating Training Instructor (MB-EAT)
I also have training in:-
- Stress Management
- Relaxation Techniques
- Self Confidence and Assertiveness Training
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Binge-Eating Disorder
- Type 2 Diabetes Management/Awareness
- Panic Attacks
- Inner Child Work
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have extensive experience of working with eating disorders and currently work at The Priory in this field.
It is possible to change eating habits and behaviours by working psychologically to understand the triggers to restriction and/or over-eating. Knowledge is power in this instance and can aid in developing strategies to break the cycle and create a healthier way forward.
BUPA Recognised Mental Health Therapist.
Aviva and AXA PPP Registered Therapist.
Please feel free to call or email me if you have any questions or if you wish to arrange an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday - daytime and evening appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|