Aryeh Sampson MA Psychotherapy MBACP (accredited)
Bushey Therapy Centre
85 Melbourne Road
25 Daws Lane
07727697181 / 07727697181
I specialise in helping individuals and couples improve their relationships and overcome anxiety, anger and depression.
How can I help?
1) Overcoming Anxiety ( Generalised Anxiety Disorder & Panic Disorder)
Anxiety comes from underlying fear. To overcome it, we need to understand what the fear is and what is causing it. Sometimes it can be based on illusory thinking, where a person focuses on the worst case scenario coming true. These thoughts need to be challenged so we can eliminate them. . When the fear is a real one, it needs to be confronted by taking appropriate action. There are times when anxiety is based on the influences from past experiences, which need to be addressed to resolve them.
For more information on this topic see article on overcoming anxiety at www.counsellingnorthlondon.org
2) Improving Couple and Relationship Issues
Couples are often caught up in repetitive patterns of self destructive behaviour striving to get their own needs met. A breakdown in communication – with shaming and blaming, is also very common. To resolve conflicts and restore loving relationships, couples need to understand their underlying problems, and learn to communicate more openly and non-judgementally. In order to meet each other’s needs.
If only one partner wants to come for counselling, I will work with him or her individually to improve the relationship.
For more information on this topic see article Improve couple and difficult relationships at www.counsellingnorthlondon.org
3) Anger Management
Anger can wreak havoc in a person’s life. With anger management a person gains understanding into what’s triggering the anger and how to change the way you respond. This can be by expressing feelings in a healthy way, and taking appropriate steps to solve the underlying cause of the anger. In each case anger management is tailored to the needs of the clients.
For more information on this topic see article on anger management at www.counsellingnorthlondon.org
4) Defeating Depression
When a person becomes depressed it’s common to have repetitive negative thoughts about the past, the future and oneself. Understanding its source, challenging this negative thinking, and creating a plan of action to resolve it, are important steps to improve the situation.
For more information on this topic see article on defeating depression at www.counsellingnorthlondon.org
Testimonials from previous clients
"You have helped us enormously to move past our problems and find a better way to communicate. We are both very grateful for all your help."
"I went to see Aryeh during a time in my life where I was beginning to feel depressed and it was affecting nearly all aspects of my life. Aryeh is an amazing listener and his in-depth analysis of things I never would have thought of helped me resolve some huge holes in my life."
"Aryeh is calm, down to earth and easy to approach, which is exactly what you need when you're feeling vulnerable talking about yourself and your issues."
"I feel the immense benefit to my life coming to you has given me."
What happens next?
If this sounds of interest to you, to take the next step you can:
1) Visit my website – you may find it useful to take a look at articles or additional videos on my website www.counsellingnorthlondon.org, which describe my approach.
2) Call or email – if you have any questions I would be happy to speak to you on the phone, on 07727 697181, or be in touch by email at email@example.com and I will respond to your query.
3) Set up an Initial Meeting – I offer a stand-alone meeting to talk freely about what you may be seeking from counselling, how I can help, and to answer any questions you have. You can arrange one by calling me on 07727 697181 or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This meeting will give you the opportunity to get a taste of how I work and whether we can work effectively together. There’s no obligation to continue if you don’t feel it’s for you. If you decide to continue we will set a time for your weekly regular sessions at a mutually convenient time.
I also offer counselling via Skype and phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified BACP accredited psychotherapist and counsellor. My approach is integrative, drawing from a variety of disciplines to address the unique needs of each person.
- MBACP (Accredited) Psychotherapist and Counsellor
- UKRCP (reg)
- MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling from Regents College
- Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling from Regents College
I have counselled for:
- The London Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (LACAP)
- The National Association for Mental Health (MIND) in Barnet and Brent
- Jewish Care Counselling Service
- Jewish Bereavement Counselling Service
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
My fee is £65 per session for individuals and £75 for couple counselling. I am also a Bupa and Aviva registered counsellor. I offer reduced rates for those who are financially stretched.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evenings in the week
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|