Annika Schmoekel Registered Member MBACP
Sometimes in life we experience difficult situations and problems. You may feel overwhelmed or have a sense of feeling lost and stuck. You might want to find out more about yourself and gain self-awareness and how you relate to other people.
It is important for you to find a Counsellor you feel safe with as having a good therapeutic relationship is essential. I offer a free initial consultation where we can both find out if we would like to work together. Occasionally it may be appropriate to refer you to a colleague who has more experience with the problems you are experiencing.
I provide a confidential and non-judgemental space for you to explore and reflect on your thoughts, feelings and difficulties. I work on a one to one basis or with couples, offering short and long term Counselling. I have experience in working with depression, anxiety, loss, health related problems and issues related to relationships, self-esteem and confidence.
I have worked as a Counsellor in the NHS and have wide ranging experience working with people seeking support for alcohol and drug related issues for a charitable organisation based in East Sussex.
As well as working in my private practice I am also a Counsellor for Fegans - providing therapy for children in primary and secondary school settings and part of Tenterden Counselling Service offering short or long term sessions to individuals, couples and young people.
My philosophy is that every human being has the tendency to grow in a positive direction given the right circumstances. I am dedicated to working ethically within the BACP Ethical Framework and providing a safe space to explore making choices and changes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma in Counselling (Humanistic, Integrative - Person Centred, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis) from the Wealden Psychology Institute
- NHS Primary Care Psychological Service Training
- Action for Change Alcohol focussed Counselling Training
- Certificate in "The Core Competency and Counselling Framework for Alcohol und Drugs Misuse - Alcohol Awareness"
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Free initial consultation (30 minutes session)
- £45 for individuals (50 minutes session)
- £65 for couples (60 minutes session)
Also visit: www.grove-counselling.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time, early morning and evening sessions possible
Types of client