Annette Shipcott Registered Member BACP/Supervisor
Hello, I know that looking for a counsellor can be a hit-and-miss business, so please come and meet me to find out for yourself if I am someone you could feel comfortable working with on whatever is troubling you.
I have broad experience from working with adults, through agencies and in private practice, also with parents in a childrens' centre and a family support charity. I also work with couples in relationship, and have done some parent/child relational work.
I know myself as a warm, accepting person who understands how life/work choices can sometimes take us down paths we find we weren't fully prepared for. Also life events such as relationship difficulties, illness and loss can force changes on us that can create anxiety and seem difficult to get through alone.
Seeking support at these times is not a sign of weakness but of courage. I believe you have taken the biggest step by looking for help to understand your distress and relieve your anxiety. With understanding you can choose to change what you don't like. I came into counselling, like so many others, after needing help myself to make some sense of my life, and be happy with who I am. So now I am one of the helpers because I believe it works.
I will give you a safe, neutral space and non-conditional support to explore any issues that you believe are stopping you enjoying your life and being fully the unique person you are.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Certificate in Person-Centred Theory; Practice and Personal Development; Comparative Theory
Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy Practice (Bath Spa)
Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Plymouth St Mark/John)
My Ongoing Continuing Professional Development includes:
- Working with Sexual/Psychological Abuse
- Anger, Rage & Relationship
- Working with couples
- Mind/Body/Spirit connections
- Meditation & Journeying
- Therapeutic Drumming
- Therapeutic Dance (Biodanza, 5 Rhythms)
- Working with Groups (Personal development)
- Attended 2013 Conference for British Association of the Person Centred Approach
- 2014 Attended Moving Mandala workshops - personal development through meditation, dance & creativity.
- October 2014 Attended a NCS quality checked 2 day workshop for supervisors 'Soul & Sandtrays' (spiritual perspectives of Mental Health and Supervisory practise) in order to include creativity and spirituality in my supervision practise.
- June 2015 Attended a CPD workshop on Body-Centred Mindfulness in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- September 2015 set up a womens' group (Red Tent).
- 2016: On-going self-development and networking with other counselling professionals.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Creating and maintaining fulfilling relationships.
Living in family/community.
Thriving/surviving at work.
Exploring spirituality/finding meaning in life.
£30.00 per hour (individual)
£50.00 per hour (couple)
I can offer some space at a reduced fee for those on a low income and for trainee counsellors.
If mobility or location are a problem I also use Skype successfully
Some clients have found guided mindfulness meditation and relaxation helpful in reducing their anxiety to levels that make it possible to benefit fully from counselling.
If you find the idea of face-to-face counselling indoors challenging, perhaps due to anxiety or social shyness, I am open to other ways of working such as walking therapy. There are green spaces nearby as well as the sea.
If you wish to explore your spirit aspect of being, I can offer guided meditation and visualisation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
To be as flexible as possible I can offer some early evening appointments and negotiable availability at weekends . I also work on Skype.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I hold a postgraduate certificate in Counselling Supervision.View supervision profile