Annette Door BA (hons) MSc. UKCP, MBACP, MUPCA (Accredited/Registered)
Natural Therapies Clinic
30 Monument Green
01932 888663 / 07887717251
Welcome, my name is Annette and thank you for reading my profile. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have without obligation.
I am a qualified UKCP and BACP registered counsellor and psychotherapist with many years of experience. I have helped people with a range of life issues, for example; depression, low self-esteem, abuse, bullying, relationship difficulties, eating distress, self harm, bereavement, and anxiety. I also have specialist experience and training with addictions such as drugs, alcohol, sex, internet use and gambling.
I can offer short-term (focused) and long-term (open ended) support for both adults and young people from the age of 11 years. My approach draws mainly from existential, humanistic and psychodynamic therapies and is flexible enough to be tailored for each individual person.
I work in an open and supportive way in a comfortable private clinic and offer a non-judgemental place for you to explore various aspects of yourself and your life in safety and with confidentiality.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc. Counselling & Psychotherapy as a Means to Health - University of Surrey
- BA (hons) Psychology - University of Westminster
- PG Dip Clinical Supervision and Consultancy - Grove Practice (Regents College)
- PG Cert Addiction Counselling - Adler School of Professional Psychology (USA)
- PG Cert Counselling Children and Adolescents - Playing Matters Ltd
- RSA Cert Counselling in the Development of Learning - West Ham College
- Introduction to TAPP (time limited adolescent psychodynamic psychotherapy) - Tavistock
- Registered with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) both as a Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor
- Accredited with Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA) as a clinical member.
- Registered member of British Association for Psychotherapy and Counselling (BACP) as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist.
- Registered with Professional Standards Authority.
I am committed to working according to their code of ethics, practice and conduct.
I have experience of working with a broad range of issues and people of all ages including those who are adolescent and those who are in the later stages of their lives. I have worked for charities, large corporations, EAP services, local authorities and schools. I have also worked within drug, alcohol and other addiction treatment centres and hospitals both here in the UK and in USA where I had the opportunity to work with PTSD and other issues facing war veterans. I have offered counselling, psychotherapy and clinical supervision within a well-established private practice in Surrey since 1996.
I enjoy the use of imagery in counselling and can work creatively using non-verbal interventions such as Sand Tray Therapy and other play therapy techniques to support clients if they choose.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Counselling/Psychotherapy - £50
- Young people under 16 - £40
- Clinical Supervision - £55 individual - £ 25 group
- Some reduced fee spaces available.
Please feel free to call, text or email to ask any questions about how the counselling process works or about your particular concerns.
I would also encourage you to book an assessment session to see if counselling is for you and if the way I work is what you need as I believe the therapeutic relationship is important to the process of counselling.
The Natural Therapies Clinic is based just off Weybridge High Street facing The Ship Hotel and close to Morrisons and Waitrose supermarkets. It is in the borough of Elmbridge and in easy reach of the boroughs of Spelthorne, Kingston upon Thames, Hounslow and Richmond.
There are several bus routes along the High Street (51, C1, 451, 514 and 461).
Weybridge main line station is a just over a mile away and Walton on Thames main line station is two miles away.
There is small paying public car park within a few metres of the clinic and a larger ones either at the opposite end of the High Street or on Baker Street behind the clinic. There is limited on street parking a short walk away.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently available on Wednesdays from 2pm - 7pm and Fridays from 9am - 7pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a UKCP registered supervisor and psychotherapist and a BACP registered counsellor.View supervision profile