18b Cheap Street
1 Roman Way
Core Process Counselling, Psychotherapy and Supervision.
I offer a mindfulness based approach using compassion and awareness to help you explore whatever difficulties you may be experiencing and to re-connect with the natural health and vitality which I believe is always available even in the midst of great suffering.
I have worked as a psychotherapist for over 12 years having come from a background in community nursing and have been Supervising counsellors,therapists and other modalities for 2 years.
Depending on the nature of what you bring our work can be short term and issue focused or deeper longer term work exploring underlying patterns and self identities which may be impacting on your current life and relationships.
Sessions are weekly, an hour long, with the intention of exploring how you experience yourself in the present moment, this maybe through thoughts, beliefs, feelings, energy processes, dreams and the imaginal. Integration and healing comes from insights into the way we identify with and hold on to suffering.
Attention is paid to developing resources to support the work and to existing health and well being.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Core Process Psychotherapy from the Karuna Institute. UKCP registered.
- Trauma training including post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with Babette Rothschild.
- Pre and Perinatal psychology training with Maura and Franklyn Sills- exploring the impact of early patterning from womb and birth experiences.
- Mindfulness based integrative Supervision training.
I have also trained and worked as a Cruse bereavement counsellor and have many years experience working with people facing death and bereavement.
I am a long term student of the Ridhwan School founded by AH Almaas-a spiritual path exploring the psychological obstacles to our inherent wisdom.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Pre-natal / birth issues.
Search for meaning / greater depth in life.
Issues related to life transitions.
Counselling and Psychotherapy charges are £40 an hour. I may have some concessionary availability.
Supervision charges are currently £30-35 an hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability in Nunney and Glastonbury for counselling, psychotherapy and supervision. I do not work evenings- after 6pm. No disabled access but please contact me if concerned.