Anne Booth (MBACP Accred) Counsellor and Qualified Supervisor
01455444518 / 07740980426
Whatever our work together, my purpose is to enable you to better understand your current circumstances and support you to manage your life in a more resourceful way, based on what you feel is right for you.
As a therapist, I stick to the basics: I create a safe space for people to be authentic and to talk about things they can't talk about anywhere else. I'll be curious, ask questions and provide a safe place to express yourself freely. I believe that this journey of self-exploration and deeper awareness holds the potential for incredible transformation in your life.
Therapy sessions are collaborative, engaging, and are tailored to your unique needs. I work in a person centred, compassionate, non-judgemental way and I’m committed to working with you to establish a working relationship that will provide you with support and a safe place to explore the issues that bring you to counselling.
I also provide clinical supervision to individuals or groups, as well as working for organisations to support a range of staff development and learning interventions.
Training, qualifications & experience
My career began in management in the 1980's, before moving into teaching adults, working with individuals and groups in the early 1990's.
I became particularly interested in working with people when life circumstances impacted them in ways that left them lost, confused or vulnerable, which led me to training to work in counselling.
Since qualifying as a counsellor I have continued to build my experience working with others to support them in finding their own way, when life has become difficult or uncertain. I have worked in a range of organisations with individuals and groups, working in roles that have included work in the NHS, Public Sector, Private Practice, Charities and Voluntary Sector.
In addition to working self employed as a counsellor, I currently hold contracts working within the education sector as a lecturer in Counselling. I also provide supervision for a range of Higher Education, NHS and Charity organisations, working with both individuals and groups.
- 1986 HND in Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
- 1995 Further and Adult Education Teachers Certificate
- 1997 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- 2000 Postgraduate Diploma in Rogerian Person Centred Counselling
- 2002 MA in Human Relations – University of Nottingham
- 2003 Certificate in Supervision Practice
- 2004 Certificate in Life Coaching
- 2005 Introduction to Group Analysis; Diploma in Life Coaching
Other Training and Experience
- City and Guilds Assessor and Verifier
- British Sign Language - Stages 1 & 2
- Conflict Resolution Trainer
- NLP Practitioner
- Workplace Mediation
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with clients who misuse drugs and alcohol
- Introduction to Transpersonal Psychology
- Organisational Development Essentials
I maintain a range of ongoing CPD
As a Registered and Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The above is just for guidance.
What initially may bring someone to counselling may not be the only or main issue. For example, someone may make initial contact about difficulties in the workplace, and then in the process of counselling discover that there are other issues such as low self esteem, anger management or communication difficulties that are magnifying this situation.
My aim is to help you get a clear overview of the problem, as the basis for finding a way forward. For some people, just the opportunity to talk to someone caring and supportive is enough to help them re-engage with their own coping resources. For others, a more detailed focus on what has gone wrong and how to put it right, might be indicated.
I work with individuals on a short or long term basis. If you are unsure if counselling is right for you, I'd be happy to answer any questions via email or offer a free telephone consultation prior to booking an appointment.
I work on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with some evening appointments available. I offer counselling face to face, by telephone or via Skype.
My Fees are: £45 an hour for counselling
£50 an hour for supervision
- Payment can be made by BACS, cash or cheque.
- Fees may be negotiable dependant on personal circumstances. For example I offer some low cost cost places to people experiencing financial difficulties i.e. on a low income or in receipt of benefits. If you wish to consider this, please contact me so we can discuss further.
- I offer a concessionary rate for students in counselling and psychotherapy training.
I work from a dedicated office within my own home in Hinckley where I can provide a private confidential setting. My practice is freely accessible by car or public transport. Please note I see people by pre-arranged appointment only.
Office Access Information
My office is situated on the first floor and has no disabled level access.
My practice is located in a quiet cul-de-sac with ample free on-street parking available.
Please contact me with any questions you may have, I look forward to speaking with you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments are available from 8.30am and I offer some evening availability up to 8pm at night.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|