Annabel Stratton registered MBACP (accredited): Adults, Young People, Couples
Todd House Clinic
01347 822946 / 07812 355950
Many of us experience difficult times at some point during our lives and may feel stressed, anxious or overwhelmed for some reason. You are not alone if you are struggling to resolve difficulties and this is where I might be able to help you.
Depression, anxiety and panic attacks, anger management, addictions, self-harm, bereavement and loss, obsessive compulsive disorders, suicidal thoughts, relationship difficulties and more are among the many issues that I have helped clients to address. I also work at York Mind which gives me considerable experience with mental health problems.
As an accredited therapist (with a background in nursing), I have a great deal of experience and can offer you the opportunity to come and talk through whatever is concerning you, in the knowledge that it is in complete confidence and without fear of judgement. In a gentle and compassionate way, and at your own pace, I can help explore what is causing you distress and enable you to understand what is going on for you. Together, we can then look at ways in which you might manage these problems and perhaps look for solutions to help you move forward.
Counselling can enable you to resolve difficulties, help to improve self-confidence and lead to living a more satisfying and fulfilling life. Lasting and meaningful change can come about through the counselling process.
Sometimes it is enough to talk problems through and have some short term counselling for a few sessions. For other people, counselling can be longer term, providing a chance for you to work through deeper issues, and to gain a greater awareness and understanding of yourself.
My counselling room is quiet and is situated in the centre of Easingwold. It is an easy drive from Thirsk, Helmsley, York and Boroughbridge and is on a number of bus routes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Granted status of BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist, June 2015
- Post graduate Diploma in Counselling, University of East Anglia, June 2010
- WPF Diploma in Counselling Skills, Suffolk
- Foundation course in Bereavement Care, Cruse, Suffolk
- Registered General Nurse, Guy's Hospital, London
I continually advance my personal and professional development with various workshops and courses which include
- Grief and Bereavement workshop
- Couples Counselling - Advanced Post Diploma Certificate Course (Person Centred)
- Autism Awareness
- Counselling for Depression
- Personality Disorders and Character styles
- Working with shame and guilt
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Dreams workshop
- The Power of being Human in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BACP Practitioner Days
I work with a great variety of clients of all ages, and have gained wide counselling experience with University students and staff, prison work and charities and Cruse Bereavement Care. My work at York Mind has given me extensive experience of working with people with a variety of mental health conditions.
As a member of the BACP I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and am committed to giving the highest standard of professional therapeutic care.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Each session costs £40 for individual counselling and £50 for couples counselling.
We would usually meet for weekly sessions lasting 50 minutes for individuals and 1 hour for couples.
Fees may be negotiated according to individual circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|