Anita Steer - Integrative Counsellor, (MBACP) And NeuroDiverse Support Worker
Seaford Osteopathic Clinic
12 - 14 Wellington Road
07748 563 126 / +447748563126
Welcome, I'm Anita a qualified Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I offer both daytime and evening one-to-one sessions for adults in the BRIGHTON, RINGMER, SEAFORD and HORLEY areas. I also offer therapeutic and practical support to NeuroDiverse individuals. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have either via 0774 856 3126 or by visiting my website - www.anitasteercounselling.co.uk
My Working Ethos and Practice:
My counselling and psychotherapy working ethos is humanistic and client empowered to its core and what you can expect to receive as my client is:
- A collaborative, therapeutic relationship where you are at the heart of what we do and where all your experiences and emotions are welcome as we explore and make sense of your thoughts, behaviour and emotions that are causing you emotional pain and conflict. Whether this be because of past events and experiences, and/or present life events, your sense of place in the world and the nature of your relationships with other people can all be impacted.
- A confidential, non-judgemental, unconditional, consistent safe space where I will be present and grounded, and where you will be listened to and heard so that I may understand "how it is to be you". This will be done with empathy, positive regard and respect.
- Support throughout your journey of self-exploration as we nurture the growth of a deeper sense of your self-acceptance and awareness, empathic understanding, self-confidence and esteem and much more. Your experiences of change and empowerment can then support you as you move forward into a life you want to live.
- A therapeutic approach that is integrative and thus tailored to meet your therapeutic needs as and when they appear and change. Working this way enables me to drawn on a variety of insights and techniques from a number of counselling psychology modalities. For example, those from Transactional Analysis (TA), Gestalt, Psychodynamic, Attachment theory and also incorporating those from a Solution Focused and Person Centred Approach. We can also work creatively, even if you do not consider yourself to be artistic, creative or a musician.
I am a full registered member of and work within the ethical framework of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Membership No: 735971
Training, qualifications & experience
Accredited Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF) - Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB)
Training/Counselling Personal Development (CPD)
- Working with survivors of sexual violence.
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID).
- Working Creatively in the Counselling Room.
- Personal Insights into "Attachment Theory".
- Working with Significant Others of substance misuse and the issues they face.
- Confidentiality in Therapeutic Practice and Records as Evidence.
- Working in the "Here and Now".
- Self Care.
Survivors' Network - Brighton - Client Group: Survivors' of Sexual Violence.
CRI - PATCHED Project - Brighton - Client Group: The significant others of substance misuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
I practice privately in Brighton and Hove and surrounding areas including Ringmer, Seaford and Horely, Surrey.
I have both daytime and evening sessions available.
It is important to me that you work with a Therapist that is right for you; one you feel comfortable with and that will hear and understand you. Therefore I offer a no obligation first session at the reduced rate of £30. This will give you the opportunity to ask any questions and us the opportunity to discuss your reasons for seeking out therapy and what you hope to gain from it. All sessions thereafter will be £40.
First (30 Minute) Session (Seaford, Ringmer, Horley) - £30 Brighton - Low Cost - £20
Counselling/Psychotherapy (50 Minute) Session - £40 Brighton - Low Cost - £33
(Seaford, Ringmer, Horley)
NeuroDiverse Support Work
(For an Introduction into NeuroDiversity please visit www.anitasteercounselling.co.uk)
I also have the skill set, knowledge and experience for working with the challenges and rewards that encompasse NeuroDiversity:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) inc. Asperger's Syndrome,
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder (AD(H)D),
- Tourette's Syndrome.
This also includes working with the significant others of Neurodiversity therapeutically and practically.
There are many ways in which I can provide therapeutic support to this client group and my work to date includes:
- Assisting organisation,
- Problem solving,
- Goal recognition and setting,
- Self-exploration (emotionality, thoughts, behaviour, sensations and stresses),
- Identifying needs,
- Exploration of existing and new resources,
- Implementation of realistic coping strategies that can then support and assist:
- Self-exploration and much more.
Also by recognising achievements, processes and progress, the re-framing of existing belief systems can be achieved so a more rational, empowering, sustainable and grounded in the here-and-now experience becomes available. Hence self-regulation can be a vital and empowering element of this work. Clients have reported it helps to maintain a greater level of self-awareness both psychologically and physically, and it can foster a greater sense of general well-being.
I practice privately in Brighton and Hove and surrounding areas including Seaford.
I have both daytime and evening sessions available.
It is important to me that you work with a Support Worker that is right for you; one you feel comfortable with and that will hear and understand you. Therefore I offer a no obligation first session at the reduced rate of £20. This will give us the opportunity to discuss your reasons for seeking a Neurodiverse Support Worker and what you hope to gain from it, and all your questions are welcome.
All sessions thereafter will be £30.
First (30 Minute) Session - £20
Neurodiverse Support (50 Minute) Session - £30
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have - Mb 07748 563 126
I look forward to hearing from you when you feel the time is right for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have daytime, evening and Saturday morning sessions available.
Types of client