Angie Walker Reg. (Accred) MBACP. Dip.Higher National Diploma Counselling
Stratford Upon Avon
07827 966031 / 01789 269631
Working in a holistic way, my approaches to treatment are of seeing the whole person, and not just in the form of either an emotional or physical problem. From my experience and probably your own, there is no doubt that they are intangibly linked. This is important for you to know and will help your recognition and understanding, that I will care for you with confidentiality, respect and non-judgmentally. You are an individual and unique human being, with your own set of issues, concerns & life dilemmas.
I am passionate about helping you to gain positive insights into the areas of discomfort of your life, and for us to be able to explore the tools and strategies, that we all actually already possess! These positive insights when gained and put into practise, provide stable and secure foundations on which to build upon, to go forward, progress and to discover a more enjoyable, peaceful, and productive quality of life.
I aim to provide you with a totally individualised, personal and thoughtful package of care, responding to your particular personal requirements. I have a number of personal testimonials / reviews encompassing my enthusiasm and success which you are welcome to view on my website.
- I offer both short and long-term therapy
- I work with individuals on a face to face basis
- I can also offer Telephone Counselling
Following my career as a nurse and spinal injury, my recovery was benefited from counselling and complementary therapy. I wanted to continue caring for people and so went on to attain many other useful qualifications, enabling me to do just that, but in my own practice, and incorporating these numerous different skills and techniques. I can therefore offer a range of counselling and therapy services in a safe, comfortable, supportive, confidential environment.
I have over 39 years of experience working with people in the caring sector and have continued to updated my own learning and development to avoid being restricted in the way that I work with people. Because of my extensive experience of working with both physical and emotional conditions and my training in both 'talking therapies' and 'hands-on therapy', I can help you with numerous types of issues including the following:
- Emotional well-being
- Relationship Issues
- Self Development
If you have any queries, questions or concerns, that you would like me to address, please feel free to contact me either by telephone or email. I look forward to having the opportunity to work with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist, which means I am trained in the various theoretical backgrounds, allowing me to pull out the specific techniques to suit your particular requirements. If you are uncertain as what suits you best, we can discuss this together during the assessment session. I was a nurse for 21 years, and many clients find this an additional helpful reassurance. I am an Accredited Registered Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). This means that I follow the BACP Code of Ethics and Practice, which protect you.
Therapies Offered, Skills & Qualifications
- Integrative Counselling (Higher National Diploma (HND) Counselling)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- EMDR Therapy Practitioner (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) (Dip. EMDR)
- Life Coaching (Dip. Life Coaching)
- Gestalt Therapy / Two chairs Therapy (Cert. Gestalt Therapy
- Transactional Analysis (Dip. Transactional Analysis)
- Mindfulness Techniques
- CranioSacral Therapy (Upledger) Levels (1 & 2)
- Somato Emotional Release ) (SER)
- Reiki Healing Golden Tera-Mai (Practitioner Member Tera-Mai School of Healing Arts)
- Mindfulness Technique
- Ex Registered Nurse (RN)
Professional Associations / Memberships
- Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accredited Reg. (MBACP)
- Member Association of Coaching (AMAC)
- Member of International Regulator Coaching and Mentoring (IRCM)
- International Association of Healthcare Practitioners (IAHP)
- Member of the Cranio Sacral Society (MCSS
- Ex Registered Nurse (RN)
- Practitioner Member Tera-Mai School of Healing ArtsTera-Mai UK Society (TMUKS)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
EMDR Therapy 'Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing'
EMDR Therapy works on the premise that the mind can often heal itself naturally, in the same way as the body does. Much of this natural coping mechanism occurs during sleep, particularly during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. Francine Shapiro developed eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR), in 1987. This natural process may be utilised in order to successfully treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Since then EMDR is being used effectively to treat a wide range of mental health problems such as:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Sleep problems
- Complicated grief
- Pain relief
- Self-esteem and performance anxiety
- Recurring bad memories, nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks
EMDR is an innovative clinical treatment which has been found to successfully of helped over a million individuals. The validity and reliability of EMDR has been established by rigorous research and there are numerous control studies into EMDR, making it the most thoroughly researched method used in the treatment of trauma, and is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) as an effective treatment for PTSD.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Free 15 minutes Consultation
- Fee is £45 per hourly session
- There is reduction in fee of £15 for a course of 6 sessions purchased at commencement.
My Practice is around 15 minutes walk from Stratford Town Centre and I also offer you the Additional Benefit of Free and Accessible Car Parking.
Having experienced injury and surgery, I have understanding of chronic pain & pain conditions, the knock-on effects that this can have on your quality of life, your confidence or self-esteem, status and relationships. I appreciate the difficulties of coming to terms with the many changes that pain can present, whilst also dealing with the issues of loss, grief, fear, changes in identity or lifestyle. Perhaps I can help you with these and despite these difficulties, assist you to a place of well-being, self-acceptance & peace.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early Mornings, Daytime, Late Evenings - Monday to Friday.
Weekend appointments available.
Free accessible parking.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|